CHAPTER 23

Empire City, hidden underground, subway station, 8:00 PM

You hid your face, lowering your cap on your face as you explored the hidden streets of Empire City. Who said that a sane and perfect city didn't have any dirt? Perhaps did Empire City seem more squeaky clean than Sin Town, but it could be just as dirty, especially when people like your father were involved.

You were on your way to an underground club where your dad often had fishy 'business' with questionable people that weren't even citizens of Empire City. Maybe you could find him there? Your best bet was to search all areas you knew were susceptible to having gambling involved. The golden club, it was called. Why such a beautiful name for such a corrupted place? Rumors had it that this club almost shut down because of its owners' questionable past and the illegal activities occurring there.

Lots of things were forbidden in Empire City, such as candy, for god knows what reason. Perhaps did the royal family get one of their kids harmed because of a candy? That, you never knew, but you had more questions.

So what if drugs, gambling and embezzlement were illegal in Empire City? Prostitution was probably the only thing they haven't done yet, but it seemed rather clear that if this business wasn't to be stopped, it could go there. There was always one corrupted being capable of hiding their dirty business, and it all happened underground, in a hidden alley between the two opposite sides of the subway station.

You were still pondering if you were in the right direction, as you previously received instructions from a homeless guy on the way. So what if that old man was wrong? It was your fault for following his guidance in the first place.

"So was it...turn left or...was it right?" you scratched your head "I suck at this" you shrugged "Who am I kidding...I'm not even sure where I'm going...Maybe I should have asked a second time? But that's way too embarrassing, to ask for directions twice...." you sighed to yourself "Y/N, why is it that you always walk around like a naive butthole?" you slapped your cheeks "Well, guess I'll wing it!"

You walked further down the alley before you noticed how darker your surroundings were becoming. No lights, no one, perfect spot to commit something illegal. Perhaps were you on the right track for once? Or perhaps were you going to bump into another little problem along the line.

"Why is it so dark?" you held your arms close to your chest "SO cold....who actually goes here?! they must be insane" you muttered to yourself

"Well well,who do we have here?" the seductive voice commented smugly

"Who the f*ck are you? And where are you hiding?" you looked around, trying to find where this voice was coming from "I'm a black belt. I know the art of choke-slamming, in case you're trying to do some crazy shit...I-I...I CUT OFF DICKS FOR A LIVING JUST SO YOU KNOW!" you stepped back, getting in a defensive position " COME OUT. IN THIS INSTANT"

"Nah, I don't feel like coming out" he chuckled in a teasing manner

You recognized this annoying voice way too well.

"I will make you come out and make you lose your common sense once I get to you" you groaned "Wang Jackson"

" Try me." he chuckled "Also, since when did my people pay you to cut dicks off for a living?I don't recall us being that 'cruel' "

"Why don't you just come out instead of acting like a creep, hiding in this alley where I can't see shit"

"I thought we could play a little bit of hide and seek. You know? the exciting kind!" he was sitting on top on a vending machine

"I'm not here to play" you still couldn't spot him

"Neither am I." he wrapped his arms around your shoulders, back-hugging you cheerfully "We're here to find your dad, aren't we?"