CHAPTER 20

Empire Palace, Empire city, Jungkook's secret Attic, 6:00 PM

Jungkook ruffled his hair in frustration as he was on a search for a very specific item in his attic. After the tumultuous adventures that happened to occur after the night at the club, he somehow had to come back to his old city. You could say that unfolded secrets from that night tangled him into the biggest disaster that ever occurred in the royal family since his great great great father. If you thought that the exposure of your dirty little secret was the absolute worse of this story, then you are completely off the line, because that night was the core to the beginning of multiple troubles unfolding within the royal family.

"Where is it...." Jungkook pondered "Perhaps, is it here?" Jungkook leaned against the golden door, trying to find an opening, bumping into your shoulder by accident in the process.

"OW Jungkook, that f*-...freaking hurts!" you rubbed your arm in pain

"Sorry" he gently touched your forearm "Are you okay?" he asked softly

"Yeah, marvelously good, Jungkook. Why'd you ask?" you rolled your eyes

"Look at you trying to not curse." Jungkook smiled "It's almost cute. Is it because you're inside a palace that you stop yourself from doing so?"

"Not the time to be joking, let's just get the hell out of this room!" you pinched his arm "I'm getting claustrophobia and I can't breath"

"Relax, it's a bit dusty but not that bad." Jungkook replied "And for your information, you suggested we explore. Wasn't my idea" he pointed at you accusingly

"I suggested we search for it and how come you don't know your own palace?! Jungkook. For goodness sake." you facepalmed "Everyone inserts you facepalms"

"What do you want me to say? I was just raised very sheltered" he replied innocently

"Yeah, I obviously can see that, since you can't even find your way in your own house"

"You followed me here! Not the other way around. I didn't ask you to come, you did it on your own" Jungkook pouted "I grew up here, so I cherish this place a lot. Even if it's big, it has his its good sides."

"Just so you know I didn't come here on my own accord...I just felt like I needed to see you before moving on to anything else." you sighed

"So you came for me?" Jungkook's eyes sparkled

"I-I...in some way...I--" your cheeks were bright red before stumbling against furniture and hitting your arm for the third time as it was getting too dark to even see things "Owww!" you groaned, annoyed at this lack of consistency "Why is this place so big?"

"Don't get mad at me, I didn't design the castle" Jungkook replied in self-defense

"But you grew up in it. How can you not find your way?" you asked

"Look this place is over a thousand squares big. I only played in the garden and ran away most of the time" Jungkook brushed his fingers against the furniture

"Why would you ever do that? Especially in these conditions..."

"I had my reasons..." Jungkook sighed

"Yeah like what?" you nudged him playfully "Perhaps going out late a night to find your cute girlfriend" you smirked

"N-NOT AT ALL!" Jungkook scoffed "I couldn't even talk to girls back in the day" he shrugged before adding his next comment  "Why did we end up here together in the first place? I don't recall granting you access yet you casually broke into my room and now look where we are! "