CHAPTER 10

"Don't nag at me... I-I need time to adjust to all of this" he ruffled his hair lazily

"Adjust to what?" you asked

"T-To all...of these changes..."

"Changes? Is there something I missed while you were hibernating for five days?" You raised a brow

"No it's nothing, forget what I just said"

You sighed before realization hit you like a truck, cold shivers running down your spine. What if Jungkook figured your situation? The last thing you ever wanted was to tangle him in your mess yet you already did, due to some unexpected turn of events that led you to make him part of the 'plan'. You could only blame one person for this as you clenched your fist, thinking of how despicable they were to you and to every other existing being who was underprivileged. Jungkook's side of the story might have sounded like love and butterflies but yours was far darker and unexpected. You chose to shrug off the possibility of being discovered as you tried masking the situation once again, like you always did when it came to Jungkook, ending up looking like a complete fool in front of him. You were a pro at being an idiot if it meant you had to protect others from them.

"Oh! I know what you mean"

"Y-You know?" his eyes rounded

"Of course, how could I not notice? The room is getting redecorated and the walls are green now" you nodded, playing dumb once again, shrugging off the possibility that the boy could possibly know what you were up to

The room was indeed getting redecorated as the school sent a professional painter to repaint the walls and change the furniture. You knew too well who set up this redecoration pretext to keep an eye on you. Your only fear was for Jungkook to notice the fishiness of the situation yet he hid for five days, making you feel at ease.

"How brilliant can you get" he chuckled in an exasperated tone

"Oh, I really am brilliant, that psychology degree of mine isn't getting done on its own" you blew air on your nails "And so is your art degree. So you will get out of that room in no time and be a good boy, alright?" you ruffled his hair in a loving manner

"I don't want to be a good boy" he pouted "I want to go back to sleep"

"And I want to get to work--" you choked on the last part of your sentence

"Work? You work?" he tilted his head "You never told me you had a job"

"Ah silly me" you nudged your temple with your finger "I meant wonderland!" You nodded "You know, the new theme park that opened last week? I promised I'd go with...a friend" you clenched your fist at the thought of calling that individual a 'friend'

Keeping Jungkook away from the dorm was the only way for you to feel at ease. The fact that he wasn't cooperating was ruining the plan.

"Oh is that so" he nodded "Have a great time then" he smiled before slightly closing the door

"Not so fast, bun bun" you slipped your feet between the door before it closed "I'm not leaving this room without being sure that you attend classes"

"Then you can spend all day with me because I'm not getting out," he said with no thoughts whatsoever

Why did I have to say such a thing? Please use your brain Jeon Jungkook, and stop acting strangely in front of her.

"You want to spend the day with me?" a smile reached your lips