Act 4: night changes

Ever since then, King Il noticed how attached young Yoru was to his daughter. He could see how the two young girls were attached to each other.

So, he decided to let Yoru be whenever he didn't need her assistance. He would always see her following Yona, Soo-Won and Hak around the castle.

Several years had passed and that young girl had become a young woman, yet she still followed those three around. Wherever Yoru, Hak, and Soo-Won were, Yoru would also be there. Sometimes, the king wondered if Yoru was still his subordinate or the bodyguard of those three teens.

At the moment, twenty-one year old Yoru was away at the Earth Tribe's capital looking for a craftsman. Yona's birthday would be in a few days and the strategist wanted something special to give to her little Yona. Hak sometimes wondered if Yona was her sister or if he was her brother.

As Yoru's brother, he didn't receive the treatment he deserved at all.

Inside a room, the eighteen year old teen, who felt bothered by not being treated like a brother, knelt down in front of King Il and Yona, who was fussing over her red hair.

"... isn't that right, Hak?" Was the last thing he heard.

Hak snapped out of his thoughts and nodded, "If I may be so bold, there's nothing wrong with her hair... but with her head." At his statement, he couldn't help but chuckle as Yona kept throwing things at him. "Shouldn't you be more worried about your appearance? Lord Soo-Won has already arrived."

"S-Soo-Won?!"

"Hurry!" A voice came from outside the door. Hak, King Il and Yona stopped whatever they were doing and left the room to see several attendants running outside.

King Il called after one of them. "Meixiu! What is the commotion all about?" Meixiu stopped, surprised that his Majesty appeared.

"O-Oh, M-Miss Yoru just arrived! U-Um, I must go, your Majesty!" Meixiu hurried away to the gates after answering, leaving the three of them dumbfounded.

.

.

Yoru mounted off the horse as her fellow maids arrived, surrounding her and her stead, Kage. The young woman swung the sack she brought back with her over her shoulder. Surrounded by the female attendants, Yoru habitually reached over and patted their head.

This strategist was unusually tall for a woman so it was easy for her to pat every single one of them.

Those who got their pats squealed in delight, leaving Yoru feeling quite accomplished. Who told her to look so handsome as a woman?

"Miss Yoru! Welcome back." Meixiu called out in excitement. She hadn't seen Yoru for over a month and her friend seemed to have grown even more handsome when she was away.

"It looks like you've been well, Miss Mei. Anyway, I have also brought you a bolt of satin. I recalled you mentioning that it would be your mother's birthday in a few days time."

It might have been in the spur of excitement but Meixiu tackled Yoru in an embrace, even kissing the strategist on the lips. Multiple gasps and laughter that came from Hak filled the air.

"Pft— I never knew you swing that way, Yoru!"

Meixiu bashfully pulled away, a hand hovered over her mouth due to shock. Even though she was embarrassed by her own actions, Yoru herself remained unfazed. Instead, she gave Meixiu a teasing smile.

"Am I so handsome that you forgot that I'm a woman as well, Miss Mei?"

"I'm sorry! And I'll see you later, Miss Yoru!"