Chapter Twenty-One: "Feelings"

oooOooo

Things became a bit more quiet after all the dragons reunited. It wasn't a bad thing, per say but Yoon had this feeling that this silence wouldn't last much longer. He was on his way to the Fire Tribe- Katan Village near his home to hand out food rations to the villagers.

Still, he was trying to cope with what's going on ever since he joined Yona's crew. He used to be just a random beautiful person you would meet on the streets who lives with a strange believer of God. He used to be just a simple genius pretty boy who has a sharp tongue when needed. He used to be just a boy who longed to visit every place on the map.

Now... Now he was the mother of six dragons and one thunder beast... plus a very normal squirrel. Now, he keeps those beasts, a princess and a squirrel in line before they can do any damage. Then again, even if he was there, they already finished doing the 'deed'- read as destruction- and thankfully, one of them was mature enough to know when they've gone too far.

Alas, he was still the mother. He has no qualms scolding a bunch of fighting maniacs and a princess who has more or less lost her common sense in this group. His eyes lit up upon arriving at the village. Children of varying ages approached him with delighted expressions and faces filled with expectant.

But most of all, he could see hope being lit behind their eyes. The children greeted him with their high-pitched voices, a chuckle rumbling from his throat. He greeted each and every one of them with as much enthusiasm as they did with him. He liked seeing others' eyes filled with joy- it was probably a mission he never spoke aloud to himself.

An old man- one whom he's very familiar with- approached him with a face filled with gratitude. "Thank you... Yoon. Although-" He arched a delicate eyebrow upon hearing his weary tone. "- I don't think you're aware but... are those people behind you your friends? They've been silent for a while now."

At this, Yoon only felt confusion and incredulity. He left the hut alone and made sure that everyone was fast asleep when he made his way here. However, irritation bubbled from the pit of his stomach when a bunch of colorful beasts greeted him once he turned around. He wanted to think he was still dreaming. He wanted to think he was hallucinating.

But he wasn't.

"What are you guys doing here?!" His eye twitched in annoyance but he wasn't angry. No, he was positively raging! "No, that's not it... Go back! You guys are a bunch of freaks culminating at one place! You'll attract- where's Yoru?" He stopped lecturing the bunch who knelt down in front of him- and yes, Jae-ha was also kneeling down in front of him.

It escaped his eyes how a certain troublesome orange-haired idiot wasn't in the group. Piercing gaze darted to Hak, who visibly flinched upon being the subject of Yoon's intense gaze. "Thunder Beast, where's Yoru?" The others remained silent, in fear that that terrifying gaze would turn and pierce them instead. Said beast visibly gulped.

"Dunno. Sister wasn't with us when we followed you." His hands reached out to his temple and massaged them. A headache was forming and it was still so early in the morning for Hiryuu's sake! These beasts were more troublesome than they worth! "Brother Yoon?" His gaze softened when a child tugged on his shirt.

"You're looking for Sister Yoru?" His ears perked up when the child said that stupid girl's name. "Do you know where she is?" The child cheerfully nodded, causing a smile to form on his lips in response. The child tugged on his sleeves and lead the way. He could hear a bunch of footsteps following him and concluded that the beasts and the princess were coming as well.