Chapter Thirty-Five

"Kaa-san!"

"Kaa-san, look!"

"Kaa-san!"

"KAA-SAN!!"

She blinked as two teens threw themselves at her. She found her friends being idiots in the background and when her eyes met Hak's, the relief in them confused her. What exactly happened? "Kaa-san!" Once again, she blinked down at the pair of teens hugging her waist. "Watch it, Ryun! Your elbow's digging in my face!"

"Then, maybe you should let me hug Kaa-san first?"

"Pft- as if!"

A tick mark pulsed on her forehead. Bringing her fists up, she hit both of them upside the head. The both of them pulled away, hands caressing their steaming head. "What idiots." She heard Yoon mutter under his breath. "Who the heck are you?" Because in all honesty, she didn't expect two strangers throwing themselves at her.

"They're your sons."

Yoon saying that casually made her lose all the blood in her face. "...What..?" The genius pretty boy sweatdropped. He was about to correct his sentence when Shin-ah and Kija threw themselves at Yoru. The strawberry-blond boy facepalmed. They're not getting anywhere if that continues.

"Yoru-san!"

"... Yoru..."

But the woman did not respond. They found her soul leaving her lips but Yoon quickly shoved it back in. "For Hiryuu's sake! You just woke up, you Stupid Strategist!" The orange-haired woman gasped awake.

Blah Blah Blah Blah

"So... you mean-"

"They're still technically your sons. If not by direct relation, then by blood." It had been a few minutes after her breakdown and Yoon finally found the chance to explain everything to her. When he mentioned what happened to the village, her eyes had gone dim and lifeless but they quickly reverted back to its usual stoicism.

"Ryun and... Daiki, correct?"

The aforementioned teens brightened when Yoru said their names. Almost everyone gawked in awe when she smiled at the pair of siblings. "You two must have been so lonely without me." She spread out her arms, waiting for them to hug her.

The wind picked up once again when Daiki and Ryun tackle-hugged their mother's reincarnation. The dam holding back their tears finally broke. Years of being separated from their mother made them feel so, so lonely even though they had each other.

"Kaa-san..."

"Kaa-san!"

oooOooo

Daiki and Ryun had fallen asleep amidst their crying. Yoru gently placed their head on her laps and made sure that they were comfortable. Upon glancing at her friends, she found that they were still gawking at her. She arched an eyebrow. "Flies will fly in if you do not close your mouth." She paused. "No, maybe mosquitoes will?"

Kija quickly shut his mouth closed. "Yoru is... happy?" Shin-ah inquired with a tilt of his head. A soft smile graced her lips. "Yes, I am, Shin-ah." She ran her fingers through her son's hair and her eye twitched when she realized that their locks were kinda oily.

When was the last time they had taken a bath?

"Anyway, we'll be heading out tomorrow." Yoon said after a moment of silence. "We've lost a lot of time here."