Chapter Twenty-nine

It was morning when she found out.

The sight of mangled bodies and detached limbs were enough to make a grown man empty his stomach of its content. Dark red splattered on the rocks and just about everything in the vicinity. She never heard anything from her home. It resided on the other part of the village, far from where that child and Rae had been. No one knew that almost half of the villagers were planning on killing that precious, precious child and her mother.

Rae had just started opening up to her daughter. Her eyes had just began to regain the life they used to hold. They were starting to become a family... but those villagers had to disrupt that peaceful illusion that Rae and her daughter had built around them. It was far too late for her to do something.

Yunha was just a simple midwife... whose only wish was for Rae and her daughter to live happily until the end.

As she stared at that precious child who disappeared without a trace, Yunha felt tears in the corner of her eyes. With her frail and old body, she stumbled her way towards that wonderful child. Her companions hovered around her, afraid that she might fall. The old midwife noticed how that child's companions warily looked at her and the villagers.

Yunha knew that that child had left them in the dark about her past. However, she saw that blond child. That blond child who shone like the sun and made Rae's daughter smile so bright and so, so innocent. Yunha stopped at arm's length and she did not blame the woman in front of her who gave her a horrified expression. Her fellow villagers had killed this child's mother. This woman's precious mother.

The old midwife did not blame this woman if she continued to resent her home village. Her rough hands shakily brushed past the soft silk of this woman's clothes and she noticed how this dragon child stiffened at her gentle touch. The atmosphere was tense and this woman's companions sensed it for they stood with square shoulders and tensed muscles.

They were ready to flee at any moment.

"Child... you have been alive all these time?" Yunha spoke softly and gently but this woman flinched at the sound of her voice. The midwife inwardly frowned. No child should be this terrified. Rae's daughter might be a woman but to Yunha, oh, she would remain a child in her eyes. She would remain that precious and adorable child she had helped take care of years ago.

"Um, excuse me?"

A girl's voice sliced through the thick atmosphere. Yunha's gaze landed on the redhead child, who seemed to radiate a charisma the midwife could not explain. This group... Yunha finally noticed that simple detail. They are... the dragons of that legend...

Once upon a time, Yunha did not believe on the legend of King Hiryuu, Lady Dairyuu and the Four Dragon Warriors. It used to sound so farfetched once but now? The proof was right in front of her. The Dragons of that legend and the warriors that protected them stood right in front of Yunha... and one of them was Rae's precious child.

"How do you know Yoru?"

The girl of red hair asked with an air of innocence. This further solidified her theory of that child not telling anyone else of her past. Before Yunha or any of her companions could answer the girl, that child intervened.

"Y-Yona-hime, this... this woman is... Yunha-obaa-sama... she was the one... who helped my... my Okaa-sama give birth..." Suddenly, a blob of white and blue orbs appeared in front of the midwife. The young man held her hands, and Yunha blinked. Are... Is this man sparkling?

"Thank you for helping in bringing Yoru-san to this world, Yunha-obaa-san! Yoru-san must really love you like you're her own grandmother!" With just this man's words, Yunha noticed how the tense atmosphere seemed to have vanished as if it wasn't even there in the first place. "Obaa-chan!" That blond child suddenly appeared the man with white hair.