[52.5] ❝them❞

❝Whenever I... take a stroll around the castle... I begin to reminisce the times I spent in the human world before the time Hiryuu descended down... they may be hard to understand but... there are humans who I begin to love... however... I loved Hiryuu the most... I wished I could have stayed by his side for eternity...❞

"Lady Dairyuu!"

For reasons she couldn't fathom, the Kouka Kingdom she grew up in the past two decades appeared different. The same sky greeted her, the same whispers of the wind, and yet, the people she used to greet with a small smile of her own were no where to be seen.

Moreover, what was Yoru doing in Hiryuu castle? They were chased out of the castle months ago, weren't they? Come to think of it... where is everyone? Out of nowhere, a body collided against her, causing the both of them to topple over the ground.

To the warrior, it was a rare occurrence for anyone to take her by surprise. The sight of a familiar shade of blue that resembled an undisturbed sky greeted her when she  glanced down to check who tackled her.

"Shin-ah..?"

Eyes that always took her breath away blinked languidly at the name she uttered and Yoru suppressed a gasp from escaping her yet her own dusk-colored orbs widened in bewilderment. Eh... this, this isn't Shin-ah. "Lady Dairyuu... I think you hit your head harder than I thought."

It was the same velvety tone yet it was different all the same. This Seiryuu who tackled her with no shame had longer hair and fairer skin; his attire wasn't a darker themed one as well. Just who was this person, she wondered, and why did he look so much like Shin-ah?

The fact that this Seiryuu held a fiercer gaze was enough evidence that this wasn't the one she had known this past few months. "Oi, get the hell off of her then. How long are you going to stay down there?" Yoru looked past the unknown Seiryuu and found herself blinking rapidly at the sight of another green-haired man.

Yet it wasn't the Ryokuryuu she knew. This one had manlier features to him and his sharp teeth stole her attention. Who on earth would be comfortable enough to have those kind of teeth?! The warrior barely held in a girlish squeak when she was lifted off the ground.

"Here 'ya go, m'lady!" Turning her head around rather comically, a man with the whitest hair she had only ever seen on one other person gave her a toothy grin. Seiryuu came along for the ride, clinging onto her robes as the white-haired man placed her on her feet, ending things with a pat on her head.

Yoru blinked childishly.

Hakuryuu grinned before patting Seiryuu on the back rather harshly. "Seiryuu, you should be more careful!" The blue-haired male frowned, his lips forming the slightest of pouts as he tightened his hold around her waist. "Shut up, old man."

An irk mark popped on Hakuryuu's forehead and the two began to banter. Out of nowhere, Ryokuryuu joined in.

Meanwhile, Yoru blinked in confusiom, the situation not making any sense at all. Who... are these people..?

"Gu-En, Shu-Ten, Abi, you're not troubling my sister again, are you?"

It didn't make sense. Her heart raced not because of hearing Jae-ha's voice close to her ear nor was it the cuddles they always find themselves in. No, this was different. It was soft and kind and loving and powerful and... a voice she wished she heard once more.

And she did.

When Yoru's startled glance found the owner of that voice she missed so much, her eyes began to sting, and tears dripped doen from the corner of her eyes not long after. There were startled yelps all around her but those barely registered. Tears... why am I—?!