Chapter Thirty-Two

Horror painted their face.

Zeno had to immediately pull Ryokuryuu down before the Little Missy's swords can pierce right through Jae-ha's throat. There was a muffled yelp as Jae-ha face-planted.

He could feel something malevolent rolling off of her and the medallion King Hiryuu gave him seemed to pulse with life. Zeno quickly grabbed hold onto Jae-ha and dragged him away, making her stab the dirt ground instead.

Ryokuryuu seemed to regain his bearings and flew into the sky while grabbing hold onto Ouryuu. "What... What was that about?!" He finally seemed to voice out the question he's been dying to ask.

Zeno can only look down, seeing her waiting for them on the ground with her swords ready at her side. A few meters away from them, he could see his two other brothers' and the Mister's unconscious form lying down.

What's bothering him was the fact she wasn't flying over to them; instead, she was waiting for them to land. "Zeno will distract her the moment we land. Get Seiryuu, Hakuryuu and Mister Hak back to the village."

The blond felt his incredulous look but he simply smiled at the much taller man. "Zeno will handle it. He promises to stay alive until Ryokuryuu arrives." He could see the hesitance gleaming in his purple eyes but in the end, Jae-ha nodded.

Just as Zeno predicted, she charged at them the moment they landed. He quickly pulled off his scarf and skillfully dodged her swords. With a successful flick of his wrist and innovation, he temporarily blinded her by wrapping his scarf around her eyes.

The blond sent the former pirate a look and the latter forced himself to carry three grown men. Zeno knew he was pushing Ryokuryuu far too much but if those three stayed there without protection, they would end up much worse than they were now.

He snapped to attention when he felt her coming at him and pulled on the scarf while jumping over her. From the corner of his eyes, he found Jae-ha almost out of sight when suddenly, a huge gust of wind temporarily flared up.

Zeno barely held his ground and quickly tried to distract her in an attempt to get her to stop the wind. It worked and it just gave Jae-ha enough time to get out of sight. Seeing that no one aside from the Little Missy can see him, he readied himself.

He let the scarf (that precious scarf the Little Missy had bought just for him) fall to the ground. Glowing orange eyes pierced right through his burning muddy ones. "Ouryuu's avatar, are you not? Do you wish to die an early death by facing me alone?"

A sad smile crossed his lips. "This body of mine... I think not even you can destroy it." His cryptic words puzzled her for a moment before realization hit her. A smirk. A barely restrained laughter. In the end, she ended up laughing uncontrollably.

"Is my brother foolish?! To give a human such power... I am impressed how you have not gone insane. It must have been already a long while since you've received that power."

The blond ignored her words. Instead of dwelling on them, he began to think of who could be inside of the Little Missy. The voice was a lot lower than her usually just-woken-up voice and they held a certain wisdom that even he did not earn yet.

And she said brother... to the dragon who had given him this cursed (blessed... he didn't know what to classify it anymore) power. Recognition flashed through his eyes. Zeno suddenly remembered the stories King Hiryuu told him. The stories Lady Dairyuu had told him.

And that one story the Dragon Ouryuu had told him.

The story of the fallen Dairyuu.

It wasn't the current Dairyuu nor the Dairyuu he had known before. Instead, this was the Dairyuu who was much, much stronger than King Hiryuu's sister and Mister Hak's sister. This was the Dragon God who practically controlled the fates of certain individuals.