Chapter 50: "confession"

sometimes, I wonder why I even write anymore...
TwT

- yume

❝since the beginning, my heart belonged to her so why did you have to come and steal it for yourself, Jae-ha?❞

- yoru

▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧

With the one-sided massacre done, two figures ran back to their family; one sporting a soft expression and the other teary-eyed.

Soo-Won would have called out to them but their pseudo truce was done and over with the moment they apprehended the Sei people. He turned around, a blank expression marring his face, when Joo-Doh called out to him.

"Do you intend to let those two go like this?" Because in the end, they were on separate sides and Soo-Won had severed the connection between the four of them. "'Next time, I will kill him,' that was what you stated last, is it not?"

The Sky Tribe General drew out his dual swords, alarming Soo-Won and the rest. "Oi," Geun-Tae narrowed his hands, snatching one of the sharp-eyed general's wrist. "The battle is over. What's with that rising bloodlust?"

"The real question is why are you so relaxed," Joo-Doh retorted. "The people we should be most wary of are sitting right over there." He caught Hak's narrowed eyes before he focused on Yoru's stiff stance.

"They gave us a hand in saving Lili-" Geun-Tae noticed the way the Sky's general glowered at his former comrades. "- I understand your position, but at least for today..."

"If you're not on my side, then be quiet," Joo-Doh cut him off with a clipped tone. "The matter of General Joo-Gi's daughter has nothing to do with this."

"I can't do that."

"You don't know how terrifying the Thunder Beast and Strategist can be!We have to kill them!"

Even if Joo-Doh was unaware, bloodlust leaked into the very air they breathed at his proclamation. The Wind Tribe representatives, the Dragon Warriors, Daiki and Ryun, even Soo-Won himself; they all directed their murderous intent at him.

Yoon hesitated but he slipped his hand in the warrior's who seemed to be having trouble reigning in the betrayal on her face. "Yoru," said woman glanced at him, unshed tears glistening in her eyes. "We're here." Somehow, those words were all she needed.

Yona managed to calm down Hak on her part. "Yona..." Seiryuu called out. "Those people are looking at us."

In unison, Yona, Hak, and Yoru glanced at where Shin-ah pointed at. Their family- Mundok, Han-Dae, and Tae-Woo- bowed at them with bright smiles on their face. Inexplicable happiness filled their hearts; overjoyed that the family they've left behind wouldn't mourn over their deaths anymore.