Chapter Twenty: "From Now On"

Author's Note

Question#1:

What did you think of Jae-ha's and Yoru's interaction from the previous chapter?

Anyway, it has come to my attention... that I've been updating quite frequently and I don't know why. *Sweatdrops* Nothing to say much other than I appreciate each and every one of you for supporting this fanfic of mine.

If you have any question, I'll gladly answer them.

On with the story~

oooOooo

A certain blond heard his stomach growl in hunger. It has been a few days since he last ate! He. Was. Starving. "Mou~ I wonder when the Little Missy would come along with the others..." He mumbled under his breath. "— I wouldn't mind seeing his face." Something inside of him tickled (and no, it wasn't hunger) when he heard that voice. "I'll find him."

"No, I shall." His heart pounded against his chest. It was different from that squeaky voice a few years ago but it was the same. "No, let me handle this." He found his feet moving faster, and when he was close enough, he hid behind a large tree. "No, I'm much better at searching for dragons." It was them. He felt his heart swell in nostalgia as he watched them with eyes filled with love.

"Let's just take our time. I'm going to prepare dinner—" The blond perked up at this, his mouth watering. Food! "— Thunder Beast, start a fire. Yoru, get some water." He was just about to get lost in his fantasy world where he was surrounded by a variety of food when a voice he longed to hear reached his ears.

"Okay."

"How come we need more water? Did we not just fill our canisters when we passed by that river?" The voice was just a little bit deeper from that high-pitched voice he talked to some years back, but he was certain it belonged to her. When he caught sight of orange locks from the corner of his eyes, he couldn't stop the grin that threatened to show up on his face. All of them are here.

oooOooo

"Yona, you don't mind butchering animals anymore?"

The self-proclaimed genius asked the redhead princess while he watched her butcher the fawn Jae-ha caught a few minutes back. He could see the discomfort plastered on her face and wondered if this was a good idea. "It's a little hard. When I lived in the castle, I thought nothing of our taking of living creatures' lives. Turning away would mean ignoring that this fawn was alive."

After she was done, she clapped her hands together and gave respect. It was silent for a few moments when...

Growl~ Growl~

"I'm impressed, miss," a blond stranger commented, copying Yona's position. "But all living things one day return to heaven. You were expressing your gratitude." Despite the pleasant expression on his face, there was a drool dripping down his chin, his stomach kept calling for food. "I'm sure it'll forgive you."

🐤...

"You're drooling... You're stomach's growling. Who are you, anyway?" Yoon wore a deadpan expression. Just who in the world was this guy that suddenly joined them? "Don't worry about that. I'm just a passerby and I'm always drooling." The strawberry-blond teen was in mother hen mode at this point. "Wipe your mouth!"