Chapter 41

oooOooo

"... Ryun?"

He asked the younger (technically, older) boy. Stupid Yoru's son insisted that he carry him and Yoon refused to waste time so he instantly agreed. Daiki had stayed behind due to Yoru's orders but... he wasn't so sure why this stupid orange-haired brat seemed so bitter at that. "What?" His eyes widened a fraction at the tone of his voice.

The orange-haired teen seemed to realize what just happened because the next thing Yoon knew, the hold around his thighs tightened. "I'm sorry; that came out harsher than I intended." There was a waver in his voice, making Yoon wonder what the heck was going on with him. "I reckon you wish to know why I seemed annoyed, don't you, Yoon?"

The pretty boy bit his lower lip. Now that he'd heard it straight from his mouth, the pretty boy thought that it might not be a good idea to have had asked him.  "It's... I, uhh, sorry I asked. You don't have to tell me." Unconsciously, his hold around the sea-green-eyed teen tighten. Ryun chuckled as he adjusted him on his back.

... I feel like a damsel in distress.

Annoyingly enough, he only felt that way when Ryun carried him. When it was Jae-ha or Yoru, he simply felt as if he was a passenger and nothing more. However, in Ryun's arms, Yoon almost felt as if he was a girl. "It's fine." Came out his defeated voice. "I guess Kaa-san never told you guys."

His and Ryun's gaze landed on Yoru's back. She seemed so tense, Yoon noticed. "Kaa-san must have a good reason why though so I suppose I'll have to tell you next time." The pretty boy rolled his eyes, placing his chin on the brat's shoulder. "You really love her, don't you?" Yoon didn't know a mother's love nor a mother's sacrifice so he wondered why the brothers seemed so enamoured by Yoru.

Their birth mother died centuries ago. For them to love the reincarnation of their mother, it was truly astonishing. He was curious about the hows and the whys. He was curious about the reason why the siblings kept loving her and deeply clung to a hope that might not have come true.

They weren't even certain if Dairyuu would be reincarnated like Hiryuu, after all.

"Of course I do," Yoon thought that the brat was finished but what he said next made him a blushing mess. "Like I love you." SHUT UP! It was not Ryun who he was telling that. It was his own heart. Yoon practically heard how loud his heart was beating. His whole body heated up as those words kept echoing in his head.

"Yoon, I love you."

"... shut up, you annoying brat."

"I'm technically older than you."

"And I haven't known you that long, you stupid brat."

"... but we've known each other a long time ago."

Ryun had whispered something the pretty boy couldn't here. He had strained his hearing but he couldn't quite catch what the orange-haired boy muttered under his breath. Even if Yoon hadn't clearly heard what he said, the pretty boy felt the underlying emotion.

And he swore that Ryun's voice was filled with grief.

Soon enough, they've reached the harbor. "You two stay here and command those archers!" Yoru barked out her order and with one powerful gust of wind, she flew to the ships of Southern Kai. Yoon quickly rounded up the archers and told them to gather their bows and arrows. They've boarded a boat, a few women asking Yoon how they were going to plant the bombs.

Once everyone settled in their position, the pretty boy instructed the archers to light up the tips of their arrow and the burning weapon lit the enemy ships aflame. A few bombs detonated a few minutes after they were planted.