Rainy days

Papyrus stared blankly through his tanks glass window yet again. The store was pretty quiet today, Tuesday was always nice and quiet and the weather only encouraged this as foreboding grey clouds blocked out the sun.

Blue had a pretty bad nightmare last night, which only turned into an even worse morning since he refused to come out of their pillowy shelter, instead preferring to mope around in the comfort. Not that he wanted pap to think he was moping, he was just "feeling pretty tired today", yeah that's all, just a rough night.

'He should know by now that I can see right through him...'

He sighed as he leaned his skull on the glass, his crumby puns weren't the same when his brother wasn't groaning in disgust, trying in vain to hide his smile.

Oh well so much for his 'proactive day plans', heh you know he's getting desperate when he's willing to actually get up and do something. But anything for blue.

A soft patter against the store windows caused him to look up. It was raining. He watched as the droplets made their way down the glass, getting just that little bit heavier.

He looked around with gaining interest; it was pretty late in the morning, but since it was so quiet most bitties choose to simply stay in bed, the rain just lulling them back to sleep. Making the store feel a lot emptier than usual.

He grinned to himself. This was perfect. He and his brother always loved the rain. Granted pap always loved how easy it could put him to sleep, but blue was always more relaxed watching the rain fall. He stuck his hands into his hoddie pocket, not appearing as eager as he really was when he made his way over to his brother's little hideout.

"hey bro, you awake?" the lack of sunlight made it a little harder to tell.

"...hmm? Yeah Papy?" his brother rubbed at his eye socket as he tried to focus on him.

He wasn't sure if he just woke his brother up, he was a pretty light sleeper these days, they both were, but he didn't let it bother him as he stuck to the plan.

"It started to rain, looks pretty quiet out there too... that pillow near the windowsill is startin' to look pretty cozy. Wanna come watch the rain with me bro?"

His smile was soft and laid back, but he couldn't help the hopeful look that went with them. 'c'mon just say yes. Just say yes'  he pleaded to himself.

"urgg... i-I don't know, papyrus, im still pretty tired..."

Paps watched a little disheartened as his brother nervously fiddled with his phalanges, eyes staring at the ground.

"... you just go on ahead brother, I might join you a little later, when the... mighty blues is feeling more refreshed" he granted his brother with a weak grin. Pap perked a little at the notion, it was better than he expected at least.

"... well if you're sure bro. I'll be out waiting for you" he paused for a second, but when he didn't get a reply he turned, and took a shortcut to the nearest self, taking his sweet time to get to the window now he knew he didn't get the company he was hoping for.

-------------------

Papyrus let himself recline back into the overly stuffed pillow, arms resting behind his skull as he peered through the slightly blurred glass at the umbrella's and cars going past. Willing himself to keep his eyes open in case his brother really did show up as the patter of the rain started working it's magic; before he noticed something a little off.

There was a human outside the shop. Just standing there, right in front of the door. They were a girl... he thinks, it's a little hard tell with their black hoodie pulled over their face. In jeans and - now wet- boots. Their head was down and their grip in their bag was so tight their knuckles were turning a little white. Or maybe they were just cold.

He sat up a little as they kept just standing there. Were they not going to go in?

He couldn't help but feel a little on edge, something was different about this human, and not just their weird stalling. The way they held their shoulders so tense, like they were trying to be as small as possible. Were they trying to hide something?

Like they broke out of some kind of trance they suddenly opened the door and stepped inside.

Maybe he was a little too suspicious, but he felt the need to check them out. Just in case.

In a snap he teleported closer to the door.