Hide and seek

Its really been a while, let's do a quick recap:
Our dear reader is currently off grocery shopping with the new neighbour she just met. Completely alone. All because a certain somebody and their worried brother decided they no longer want to join them.

I wonder why?

-----------------------------------

"It's alright, I remember when I first moved in-"

The rest of your sentence never reached his ears, eaten up by the next stairwell corner as you and your new neighbour started the long trek to the grocery store. Papyrus let himself feel relieved, he was worried about leaving you alone of course, but you seemed to have taken it better than he had expected. He wasn't too sure about this 'Ally' yet, but she definitely didn't seem like any sort of threat? nevertheless, his brother appeared to come to a far different conclusion.

Which is why he's on this side of the door.

Naturally, he didn't think to look up at sans when the new human came jogging into view, instead keeping his ever observant eye-lights on the ease of her smile, the way her eyes shifted into nothing but friendly curiosity, the way she stood so unguarded to greet them. Which is why he was shocked to see that horrifyingly familiar look on his brother's face.

Empty sockets, still and unmoving, not even the slightest nerve-wreaking shake of his hands. He was frozen, kept in place with a very different type of fear.

There was no way he could just leave his brother alone after that.

Looking around the room, he couldn't see said brother at first, until he spotted the familiar shade of blue up by the window ledge. He was looking out below where the building met the street, no doubt waiting to catch sight of you before your figure disappeared from view. It was now a common habit they had both picked up, sitting by the window did after you had to leave, making sure you were alright while they still could.

... Papyrus would be lying if he said he wasn't just a little upset he didn't get to go with you, but he couldn't do much about that now. Ah well, he consoled himself, there's always next time, right?

He took his usual spot against the window, back pressed up against the cool of the glass. Knowing full well his nonchalant appearance wasn't fooling anyone in the slightest.

Although his brothers' watchful eyes didn't leave the glass, his frowned deepened when Papyrus came into view.

"You should have gone with her!" Blue berated him, just as the top of your head came out of the building's doorway- Ally still right beside you.

"What for? She seems happy enough" and you did from what they could see, although your hand was gripping anxiously at your bag strap, there was a smile on your face.

"Just in case, Papyrus!"

"In case of what?" the inquiry appeared nothing but curious, but Blue could feel the way his brother's eyes beared into him, he always hated it when he did that.

"There's still time! If we leave now, we can still follow after them!" his hands fiddled with the lock window's latch, forgetting his magic with his growing sense of urgency, pulling vigorously against the rusted metal as he watched you cross the road.

Just as he managed to slide the latch, orange magic snapped it back into place.

"PAPYRUS, WHAT-"

But his brother, now standing over him, held a firm resolve.

"We're not going anywhere bro, not when you're like this" The stern look his brother was giving was one blue had seen many times before, the rare no nonsense 'talk to me' look was basically a language in its own right.