Peanut butter and Papyrus

(I love everything about this pic)

Papyrus sighed from his spot on the windowsill. The warmth of sun usually made it partially cozy for naps but the grey clouds ruined that plan, making everything look especially bleak today.

The tv was on, droning about some reality show but he wasn't paying attention. He didn't even like watching your tv that much, he just wanted the background noise, hoping it would make the room feel less empty around him.

Not that he was alone in the apartment, no the odd clangs and MEH HEH's from the kitchen was more then enough to confirm that fact.

While Papyrus didn't have the faintest idea of what to do with himself when you left for work, (not that he usually had a plan), Blue was already gone in a flash of light when his brother turned around, much to his surprise.

It looks like today was full of surprises.

He followed him into the kitchen, only to find Blue perched heroically on the counter, careful to avoid most of the mess. What shocked Papyrus most wasn't how he took off his bandanna without a hint of reservations, and tied it around himself like a make-shift apron, or the way he buzzed with energy as he bounded across the bench.

- Papyrus didn't think he ever saw such a happy expression stretched across his brothers marred face. For a second his eye lights were even stars.

He might believe it, considering the situation, but it wasn't like being left alone in your apartment was particularly exciting, and Blue was only...

uhh?

"...what're you doin bro?" his tone was calculated, careful to not ruin whatever blessing this smile came from.

Blue was jumping, trying to grab the top of the paper towel from the roll without tearing too much.
"I -huff- AM GOING TO -omff- CLEAN!"

He watched his brother, who kept persistent, arms waving with every leap at the paper.

"here, lemme help" his eye was already engulfed in orange before a reply, ready to simply tear off a sheet with his magic, but before he got the chance Blue managed to grab the corner and tore off a (slightly uneven) rectangle with a victorious "MWEH HEH!"

"NONSENSE I was the one that helped make this mess, so it's only right that I shall be the one to clean it when the human is out working!"

Blue wasted no time getting to work absorbing all the spills, not even noticing the small flour footsteps he left behind him with each step.

"You sure? It's a big mess, I don't mind lending a hand"

Blue waved away his brother's weak persuasion.
"I'm sure Papy,... besides you hate cleaning!" He lightly accused.

"So go enjoy you're day brother- for no mess is too big for the magnificent Blue!"

With his brother's mind made up, papyrus left him to his task. Blue always appreciated his own independence when he could, and it's been awhile since the magnificent Blue has done anything at all.

So that's where Papyrus was, alone on the windowsill watching the ominous clouds. The tv really didn't do anything to drown out his own thoughts. He just couldn't decide how to feel about them.

It was only when the soft patter of rain hit the glass that Papyrus managed to distract himself.

This is perfect.