State your business

(your POV)

Well you made it, only managed to get a little wet too, but that was your fault for forgetting where you put your umbrella anyway.

It was a really cute looking store, nice bright colours and huge windows where you could see a few bitties wandering around, barely any customers. That was good, less people is always better.

The rain started to get a little heavier and you only just realised you still haven't opened the door, your hands gripping on to your bag anxiously. It was only when one of the workers at the front caught your gaze and gave you a half smile, questionably, that you felt inclined to move, and quickly opened the door and made your way inside before you even registered what you were doing.

The little bell at the top of the door chimed and you winced at the small puddle your boots left on the tile floor, before quickly taking a glance around shop. You didn't really know what to do next, honestly you didn't fully expect yourself to make it this far. The words 'info desk' to the left of the door caught your eye, and looking over all the little pamphlets and posters, you figured that was as good a start as any and made your way over, mentally cringing the small wet squeaks of your shoes.

You glanced over all the little brochures, knowing you read most of them online anyway, but maybe the workers would leave you alone if you looked like you knew what you were doing. Welp that was good enough for you, curse your lack of social skills.

"hey there"

You were not proud of the small high pitched noise that escaped you as you nearly fell into the shelving behind, but the owner of the voice sure seemed to be.

It- no, not it- He was a skeleton bitty. Leant up against the pamphlet stand with his hands stuffed into his orange hoddie, wearing little green cargo pants and orange sneakers. He was a Papyrus type right? a little bro? or something. He didn't really look like the pictures you've seen on the store website, or even on peoples shoulders when you did go outside, he looked more... worn? His bones had a few small nicks in them here and there, from what you could see anyway, and his eyes had grey bags underneath them. Can bones even do that? -wait no pay attention (y/n)!

"err.. heh, um h-hi" you laughed weakly at your own awkwardness and you're sure your face turned a little red.

"watcha' doin?" looks like that smug little grin wasn't going anywhere.

"oh I was just, um h-having a look" you gestured to the mass of paper around you.

"so you lookin' to adopt then?" he quirked his bone brow. Damn how does he do that?

"er, yea... I guess so?" well that couldn't sound more uncertain if you tried. Good going (y/n). uurrrrgggg not even five minutes and you already made a fool of yourself.

"well in that case, maybe I can lend you a hand" he stated, walking a little closer.

(Paps POV)

Ok I was definitely just too suspicious. I fail to hold back a grin as I watch her stumble over her words, ha she's even turning red too. This kid couldn't hurt a fly.

Adoptin' a bitty huh? that'll probably be good for her, I see a lot of real shy humans come in here, tons of bitties love to help them out too, something about being more appreciated. I can understand the appeal, I guess.

"well in that case, maybe I can lend you a hand"

Now don't get me wrong im not too fond of humans myself, but this kid looks like she could really use the help. Not like this is the first human I helped pick out a bitty either, there's only so much to do here after all.

"really? t-that would be great. Thank you" she sounded pretty relieved, looks like I got my work cut out for me then.

"so what's your name pal?" I allow myself to sit a little closer, but not too close. She may not be much of a threat but that doesn't mean I'm about to trust some human.

"oh, I'm (y/n)"

(y/n) huh? suits them.

"what's yours?"

"eh, you can just call me papyrus" not very unique I know, but I've never really been one for names.

"So (y/n)... tell me about yourself"

".... errrrr..." that seemed to take them off guard. I watched them nervously play with their fingers, as they looked for something to say.

Well, this is gonna take awhile.