The outernet

Wooooah what's this? an embarrassingly late chapter?? Don't worry guys I'm mad at me too

by the way about 200 of you have just skipped the chapter 'not a big fan' and I don't know why? >~>

please enjoy!
-----------

Much to your childhood's disappointment you've never been very good at magic tricks, but you imagine their reaction right now would be the same if you somehow managed to pull a dove from out of your ear, instead of just telling them your plans of a nice day out.

"Wait... really?"
At Papyrus' tone of surprise you paused, sharing a glance as the brother's furrowed sockets stared up at you.

After breakfast you had started to rummage through your cupboards and draws, determined to find the thick, woollen blanket that you were sure was stored away somewhere. Your actions had instantly caught the attention of your little roommates, who had hovered around you curiously, and it was only after you found the ugly, pleated nightmare with a victorious 'YES!', had they finally caved in and asked what you were doing.

You shared your plans with a wide, toothy smile waiting for their response, but they were surprisingly... reserved about the idea.

"well, yeah..." you gave a shrug in response, smile just slightly losing it's curl.
"It's a nice day out today, I thought it might be nice to grab some lunch and have a picnic down at the park, or something?"

Your persuasion sounded pretty weak, but you didn't expect you'll need to persuade them at all, especially not after how eager they were to join you at work yesterday. You had to admit, the idea of spending the day out with your bitties had definitely grown on you overnight, and by the time you found your old picnic blanket you were actually kinda excited. But now, just catching that slightest look of unease shared between them was more then enough for you to start second guessing your plans.

"unless... if you guys don't want to..."
You didn't have time to dwell on your doubts, the second they heard the disappointment in your voice they were both quick to franticly shake their skulls, small hands waving up at you, backtracking your thoughts instantly.
"NO! I-IT'S NOT THAT WE DON'T WANT TO GO, HUMAN... IT'S JUST- WE, UMmm..." When Blue couldn't seem to find his words Papyrus chimed in, his grin slightly strained as he forced himself to look up at you.

"We just... never really got out that much, honey"

He didn't mean it was your fault of course, no- his thoughts were much further away then your cozy apartment, but that didn't mean you took it that way.

Your head turned down at your lap timidly,"...I know" your voice was small as you watched your fingers pick at the loose threads of the blanket.
"I didn't even think about how cooped up you guys have been in here, and I really should have, it's not fair to you guys."

You took a deep, steeling breath as you bundled up the blanket in your arms and stood from the ground, hugging it tightly against you. Whatever disappointment you felt in yourself was being buried as deep down as you could manage, instead trying to focus on salvaging all that enthusiasm you felt this morning- and maybe a bit more, just in case.
"but I'm gonna make it up to you two, I promise- today's just the start"

With a smile like a well paid camper guide you took their stunned silence as an 'apology accepted', moving on as if the bounce in your step never left.
"I need to get ready to go, you guys should too" you nodded down at their bare feet- and Papyrus' bold (and surely not lazy) fashion statement of only one left sock, eyes gaining a teasing glint.
"shoes would be a good idea~"