This is my little brother-

"er... well, i uh-"
This isn't going anywhere fast.

"c'mon pal you seem interesting enough, im sure you've got a skeleton of things to talk about"

She stopped her anxious fiddiling and stared at him.

... well they cant all be winn-
her muffled snort cut his thoughts short as she tried to hide her smile in her hands, slightly shaking her head in disapproval.

He smiled a little wider, this will be fun.

"heh, I mean if you want me to help you out you're really gonna to have to throw me a bone here"
He leant in a little closer, his grin showing just how much he was enjoying this.

"heheh, s-stop no, that was awful"

"your smile doesn't think it was awful, your gonna have tibia honest with me pal- you must find me pretty humerus" Papyrus knew he was stretching it at this point, the very bare basics of skeleton puns, but it's been awhile since he had a willing audience. Besides, she looks a lot less terrified when she's trying not to laugh.

"heheheh- alright, I -heh, I like making things I guess" she said through a nervous smile.

"making things?" he confirmed, urging her to keep going. Now we're getting somewhere.
She scratched at her arm, seemingly  embarrassed by her answer.
"Yeah, you know, art and crafts and things" she lamely explained. God why was it so hard to talk about yourself?Papyrus sensed her discomfort.

"That's pretty neat, good to have a hobby you feel drawn to" you wonder how on earth he winks his eye socket, but he does.
"personally I always thought art was kinda sketchy"

Maybe it was the wink, but this time you couldn't muffle your laughter. Papyrus laughed too as be watched on, proud he could coax you out of your little shell you seem to live in.

But his smile drops when you brush your hair to the side, when in your laughter it fell out of place. You dont notice his surprise as he watches your scared skin when it hides away again behind a falling curtain of hair.
When you look back towards and keep talking, his smile is quick to snap back into place.

Well... he wasn't expecting that.

------------------
(your POV)

You felt silly for being so nervous, papyrus seemed to have a nack for making you feel comfortable. Even just a little bit.

He asked you questions about your life, and you did whatever you could to make it sound like you had one.

so do you live around here? what do you do for work? have you got any pets?- that's good we wouldn't want a catastrophe on our hands

For a minute there you forgot he was just helping you find a bitty that suits you best. Couldn't you just adopt him? he seems pretty laid back, and he was actually easy to talk too. Not to mention his sense of humour was definitely growing on you. Honestly you just didn't know how to ask without it sounding creepy- 'that's great, so anyway you want to live with me..?' , okay maybe it would just be best to see what he thinks.

"So," you ask, somewhat shyly "any idea which bitty would be best?"

"uhh..."
He took a moment to think, looking almost worryingly torn, before he nodded decisively "yeah, actually there is someone i'll like you to meet-"

His eye lights flickered behind you and he beamed "- and there he is now"

You were quick to swivel around to see what he meant, but couldn't see anyone amidst the aisle.