Settling in

As you opened the carrier's door and waited, you scolded yourself for feeling like you were watching a cautious kitten explore the area, but as Papyrus' skull came into view, trying to appear calm but clearly scouting the place out, those excited nerves came bubbling back.

As they took a minute to take in their new surroundings, you took a minute to further inspect your new roommates.
Papyrus looked tired, even more than you remembered. It was a strange mix; hands in his pockets and a slight slouch, with his deep, sleep deprived bags, but he held a sense of alertness about him that wasn't as easily masked as he seemed to think it was, or maybe you were just perceptive. Blue came into view next, emerging from the carrier with notable hesitance, his alertness was radiating of his small form and it seemed like an eternal struggle to force himself into the open of the kitchen bench- like a rabbit in an open field just waiting for a hawk, and if it wasn't for Papyrus already there and waiting you weren't sure if he would have ever gotten there by himself.

While his brother still held the laid back exterior and punny personality of a little bro bitty, the difference in Blue was obvious. You've seen plenty if cute internet videos and pictures, even real life little baby blues; they were hyper, and loud, always smiling and asking and jumping, they were just little balls of pure happiness.

The blueberry before you was just about the complete opposite of everything you know about him. He was... reserved, like he was holding back on everything. You barely even gotten a full view of his whole face yet, although it was clear his appearance was far different from the normal format of a bitty with his scar's melted texture leaving its mark over his skull, and he hid almost half of it within his scarf, as much as he could. I wonder what happened?
heh, you brushed your fingers through your hair, carful to keep it in place at your side, don't be such a nosey hypocrite (y/n), just focus... and please dont make this awkward

You realised that was alot easier said then done when you then became hyper aware that you only really have a few more seconds before the silence gets a little weird.

"It's a nice place you have here"
Papyrus you angel, you still have no idea how he manages to make everything feel so relaxed but he really had a knack for it.

"thanks, i-its not much but um, would you two like a tour?"
You put your palms out open in front of you offering them a ride. To you it made perfect sense, but Blue's reaction made you second guess yourself, as he jumped, wide eyed, behind his brother.
Way to go (y/n).

Papyrus looked down at his bro when he jumped, meeting his gaze, whatever silent conversation they seemed to have was lost on you but you think Papyrus won?
"Yeah a tour sounds great, right bro?"
Both your gazes seemed to make him nervous but he shyly nodded his head.

You didnt move your hands closer, instead thinking it best to not rush them considering Blue was still grasping at the back of Papyrus' hoodie.

"...um, a-actually human"
Blues voice was muffled as he hid his head down further in his scarf
"can you... t-turn your hands over? please?"

Your hands? you looked down at your awaiting palms and back at the little bitty that was looking at them like they were a bear trap. Oh, well you suppose from his view they could be just as dangerous. Still, the underside of your palms didn't sound very secure for them, if they fell you would never forgive yourself.

You nod understandingly, whatever made them feel safer.

"How about a step further"
You loosly crossed your arms over your chest, a little higher than natural, creating the perfect bitty sized step with your hands securely away from sight, and plenty of baggy hoodie for them to grab onto. win win.
You smiled down at them, offering the seat, trying not to think about how you look like a loon in a straight jacket.