IV

Family.

Another thing that you never appreciate enough until you realize they are all gone.

You never appreciate their hugs and kisses, their worrying over you, even their scolding when you do something wrong. Everyone just gets annoyed at every single thing they do, and dream that one day they'll be able to live alone and be free.

They believe that they are capable of doing everything on their own, that they're old enough now and that they don't need supervision anymore. I mean, they're all grown up now so why need them, right?

Wrong.

They need them. In every aspect they need them. But are they ever going to realize that?No, they won't. Not until they are gone.

Not until they sit for a long while without hearing their voices. Not until they realize that instead of hearing their warm voices when they call them, in need for them, they hear the automatic 'The number you are trying to reach is temporarily out of service' message. Then only will they regret every second that they didn't spend with them. They will start missing their worrying over them, they will start realizing that no one will ever care about them the way they did.

Now for the siblings, they are pretty much the same.

You fight with them, you scream at them, you call them annoying, you wish you didn't have them for a day, but, once they are gone, you would do anything just to have another day with them.

Another day where you can just shout at one another, where you can laugh and do random shit together.

I missed that.

I missed all of that.

I had a brother, a baby sister, a mother and a father.

We were a family of five loving members.

Now I have a baby sister...full stop.

That was all that was left of that once loving family. I lost them all.

I lost them all the same way and the same day.

I snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of laughter and sighed, she was all I had left.

The little girl was running around as the dog chased after her; the dog might be another thing that was left for us.

We had taken the dog in ever since he was born. Everyone in the family loved him, but, he loved the little girl more than anyone else.

The little girl.

She was so young to be living a life without a family. She was so young to face and experience that cruel life they were living. She didn't deserve her childhood slowly taken away from her.

I wasn't going to let that happen though, I wasn't going to let her childhood get taken away from her like everything else was. I promised myself from that day that I would do anything to keep that smile on her baby face, and made sure that she was kept out of the darkness. She was only a little kid, she deserves to be happy, she still didn't do anything wrong to the world to suffer a painful life.