X

Black.

My last name.

Life had taught me something so far, and that was that it was a damn thief. It steals from you what was yours. It forces you to struggle for just simply breathing. It was like one second you have everything and the next you have nothing. Life has stolen from me my name and me personally.

I stood in front of the door, wondering if I should open it or not. I looked into the peephole again to make sure that my eyes weren't playing games on me.

"Open up, I know you are in there," he said as if he knew I was actually looking at him from behind the door.

I took a deep breath and went to the chest of drawers at the corner, getting a small, black object out, then hid it in my pocket.

Safety first.

I stepped to the door and opened it slightly, looking through a tiny gap at the person in front me.

"It's about time," he said casually.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked as fiercely as possible. "How the hell do you even know where I live?"

"Now, that's a very rude way to greet your guests, at least show me your face a bit instead of me having to squint to be able to see you," he said, acting hurt.

"I asked two questions, you answer them." closing the door further, leaving a mere thin line.

"I said a statement, you pay more attention to it," he shot back.

"How do you know where I live?" I asked again, emphasizing each word.

"I asked." he shrugged.

"Asked who?"

"Alright, we seriously aren't going to have an interrogation on your door step, are we?" he questioned, raising his eyebrows at me. "Besides, I have got something for you," he said, reaching out for his pocket and getting out a black object. My phone. "But the thing is," he paused and started swinging my phone back and forth between us, "You're going to have to open this door right there a bit wider in order to take it because I don't think it will be able to get through that tiny gap," he said and looked me straight in the eye then smirked like he knew exactly what he was doing.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, "How the hell did you get that?" I asked, confused, I didn't remember when I last used it or even had it.

"Well, remember that day you ran out of a boxing place like a freak after your ex-boyfriend, I believe?" he said, surveying my reaction about his theory and I tried so hard to keep it neutral. He licked his lips, "Yeah, that day, if you haven't been a careless kid who doesn't take care of her stuff, you would have noticed that you left your phone behind and I," he said, pointing at himself, "being the hero of the day, took the phone and reassured Ryan that I would give it back to you. But, then you disappeared off the face of earth for three days so I decided to do it my way," he said, not breaking eye contact with me then he extended the hand that held my phone to me.

Asshole.

I opened the door a bit wider and reached out to take it, but he pulled his arm away and pressed his palm to the door so I wouldn't be able to close it again. I looked up at him and found him smirking yet again. I glowered at him.

"But, you know...White," he widened his smirk, "I don't usually do such stuff to people, so you should probably feel grateful and special," he said. "You know, you should at least do me something in return, maybe invite me in for a cup of tea," he continued as he pushed the door even wider. I fought back and pushed the door to close it.