VII

Equality.

The right of different groups of people to have a similar social position and receive the same treatment.

No matter what skin color they have.

No matter what religion they believe in.

No matter what their social position was in society.

No matter their gender.

We are all human beings; we are all the same.

Yet, only such a small amount of people believe in equality.

'You fight like a girl.'  an insult used daily by the people in our society, whether it was meant to be a joke or not, but, what was so bad about how a girl fights? What was so different about how she fights than how a guy fights? Why does everyone see a woman weak?

Why can't 'You fight like a girl.' be a compliment instead of an insult? I mean, if everyone thought of it, they will notice how girls are much smarter than guys. They may freak out in situations and mess up things, but if they are taught how to master their strength and their thoughts, they will kick your ass.

A girl is a warrior. A girl is strong. She is brave, smart and definitely shouldn't be used as an insult, however, she should be used as a confidence booster.

I turned on the bed for the millionth time tonight and looked at the clock.

11:00 PM.

I sighed. I couldn't sleep at all. This was what happened pretty much every day. I get into bed then spend the night looking at the clock and urging myself to get some sleep, then sleeping for an hour or less. And even that wasn't of peaceful sleep, but it would be a sleep full of nightmares.

I looked beside me at Zoe. She was fast asleep, cuddling with her stuffed teddy bear, looking as angelic as ever.

After looking at her for a few more minutes, I finally decided to get up in order to not wake her up and sat on the chair by the window.

It was the end of the week. I had at last survived a whole week of school, which was hell, god knows what I was going to do for the rest of the year. I put my face into the palms of my hands, I was so tired, yet I still couldn't sleep.

There was only one way that could exhaust me and get my mind of things.

I got off the chair and went to the closet placed at the corner of the room and opened it, getting out a pair of black sweatpants, a white shirt, and a black jacket then I changed my clothes, putting them on instead.

I walked over to Zoe and bent down, kissing her lightly on her forehead and tucking her in properly. As a result of that, the dog at the end of the bed woke up and looked at me.

"Don't worry. I'm going to be back in a few, just look after her, okay?" I said and rubbed his head before standing up again and going downstairs. I checked the alarms around the house first then headed out of the door.

~

"Just work on hitting harder, Black," Ryan remarked.

I concentrated more on my hits to the speed bag and started hitting harder, It wasn't that hard if I only imagined the bag to be the person I despised the most.