XXXII

He watched them as they got the bags that were carried from their house not a few days ago and loaded them into the car, his fixed gaze on the sisters. He could feel the stress in the air even from afar.

If only he could kill him. If only he could end this for her, and see her healthy and happy again, instead of seeing how bony she was now. She looked like a bag of bones walking, her face so thin, making her cheekbones more prominent. This was all of his cause.

But, he couldn't kill him; he couldn't kill anyone. Every time he tried to, that small soft voice would echo in his head.

He watched as that Harry guy came up to her and placed his hand on her arm, rubbing it soothingly. He wanted to do that.

He wanted to hold her in his grip and comfort her, assure her that he was there to protect them and have her cry in his embrace.

But all he could do was watch from afar and see her fade away day by day.

The necklace that she had been holding ever since she came out of the room gleamed in the sunlight. He subconsciously reached for the necklace that he bore around his neck, the one he kept hidden from all eyes under his shirt. A simple silver heart that meant the world to him. He moved his finger over its back where a missing heart piece took place.

"One day," he murmured before closing the curtain completely shut and heading to the bed.

He knew without watching her where they would go next.

~

"Your house?"

He nodded.

"What are we doing here?"

"We came to attend the orgy that is being held upstairs," he said flatly then he looked at me with raised eyebrows, "You are staying here, why else would we be here?"

"But, I said just drop us at a motel."

"And I didn't agree." He shrugged and got out, "C'mon now, I don't remember you arguing with me once about something and I not turning right at the end."

"We are staying at your house?" Zoella squealed from the back seat.

I sagged in my seat. Sleep. I needed sleep.

This had not been our first stop. Once we got in the car and left the motel, I didn't exactly mutter a word nor ask where we were heading to, I just sat in silence, not owning the energy to do more than that.

He stopped first at that cafe we have been to together, then he started telling me a plan that was mere blurry steps to me.

Leave Charlie and the bags in the car. Act like we are getting coffee. Sit in a table away from the door. Wait for him to talk to that dyed blonde hair guy. He will leave and after a while, the dyed blonde hair guy will come sneak me and Zoella to the back door, and that will be where he would be waiting for us with the car.

A knock on the glass window beside me made me jump and snap back to reality. I looked at him,  Zoe and Charlie already standing beside him. He inclined his head to the building in front of us.

I opened the door with the hand that didn't hold the rose and the note we found in the motel, following him as he started ascending the stairs.

"One step, two step, three step, four step, five step, six step, seven step, eight step, nine step, ten step!" Zoe counted as Harry stopped in front of a black door and then started clapping for herself.

"Ah, great! Now the whole building knows you can count," he murmured, looking down at her and shaking his head.

He unlocked the door and got in, dragging our bag with him. From where I stood, I saw a black L-shaped couch that had a couple of shirts thrown at it. A black rectangular table rested on a white rug in front of that couch and there was another table placed against the wall with drawers where the tv sat.