XXV

*Flashback*

"And we are home alone," Adam's voice rang in the house just after the door closed, signaling that Mum and Dad left the house.

"YAAAAY," Zoella shouted as she ran through the house excitedly. Adam came to the living room and bent down, so Zoe ran into his embrace. He smiled and got up as they both started shouting and screaming incoherent words, raising their hands every so often or just clapping.

Mum was a perfectionist and Dad....well let's say he enjoys silence over noise, so we only got to be free and wild when they left the house, which happened every so rarely as mum always refused to leave us in the house alone.

Adam and Zoe looked at me suddenly, judging my state of silence and waiting for me to jump with them enthusiastically as I always do.

"Yay," I said and pumped my fist in the air in the least excited voice. I, for some reason, wasn't feeling myself today. Nothing really happened for my change of mood, but, I just felt down.

These moments have been on and off with me in the past month or so. I would just be sitting in a place and all of a sudden, I would feel like crap. What bothered me the most about it was that I never knew what was the reason behind it, and no matter how many times I searched for an answer to the question 'Why?', I ended with nothing.

Adam has always been there though. He always knew when to try and cheer me up and get me out of my mood. He would try to hide the worry that reflected in his eyes every time he saw me like that, but he was my twin brother; he was as easy to read as a nursery book.

"Get off that couch you grumpy old woman," he growled, his face forming into a snarl.

"Yeah, get off that couch you gumpy old woman," Zoe mimicked, trying to deepen her voice as if to scare me.

I threw the pillow that I hugged at them, making Adam duck, but they got hit anyway.

"You know what?" he asked bitterly, "You sulk on that couch and I and my beautiful little sister are going to...." he said and pointed at Zoe to complete the sentence.

"Build a pillow casaaaal," Zoe shouted loudly. Adam grimaced at her loud voice, that I was sure pierced his ears because she was an inch away from it.

I laughed under my breath.

"Yeaaah," Adam shouted in the same tone.

The next few minutes was a matter of them running around and collecting all the pillows in the house then throwing them on the floor whilst I watched them silently.

"Now, now, do you know what happens next, Zo?" Adam asked and inched closer to me.

Zoella smirked evilly and looked at me, moving in sync with Adam and rubbing her hands together like cartoons do.

I straightened on the couch, readying myself for what was going to happen next.

"We tickle Zosie," she shouted for the hundredth time this past half an hour and then all I could see was a swarm of hands and fingers moving all along my body as I slid off the couch, laughing hysterically.

"I-" but I couldn't complete the sentence due to my endless torture, "breathe," I said, failing to mutter the whole sentence. My eyes watered from my excessive laughter and that was when they finally stopped and backed away from me so I would be able to catch my breath.