XLIII

I sensed a form of normalcy as I caught Maia throwing me dirty looks from across the hall, and watched Christopher Bennett glaring at me with an angry facial expression.

I would choose this over being confused about their behaviors when they act decently.

But Dylan walked past me earlier and didn't make a move in coming to talk to me, which was the only thing that disturbed the 'normalcy' vibes.

I gazed outside the class window, wondering why I haven't seen Harry around even though he was with me today morning.

The teacher called for me, making me snap my head back to her, "Can you come to solve the equation on the board?"

I glanced at the various numbers written, reaching out for the few information I had gathered in the past few classes as I nodded.

Sighing, I got up and hoped I wouldn't surprise the woman with my stupidity.

~

It was the first time I let Zoella attend after the colors incident.

After what she said yesterday, I had come to realize that I was locking her from human contact and that she needed to get back out, so I wouldn't gradually destroy her mentality.

Harry too had a role in convincing me to let her get back, reminding me of his 'live normally' talk.

Both of us had glared at the teacher this morning as we threw indirect warnings her way, often repeating what we were saying as if she was a little kid who lacks the ability to understand quickly.

Call us if someone asks about Zoella.

Call us if something seems off.

If you don't do that, we won't hesitate in informing the principal that you do no do a great job in protecting the kids.

I also went back to calling her six times an hour, even though Harry told me not to do that.

I couldn't help it.

Worry and anxiety have both became monsters that gnaw on my insides; if I didn't stop them, they would kill me.

I caught Zoe's teacher walking in our direction from the corner of my eye, and I ushered Zoella to go to Harry who stood by his car.

She waved goodbye to Jace and ran to Harry as the teacher came to a halt in front of me.

I crossed my arms over my chest, narrowing my eyes.

She looked down at the ground and sighed, clearing her throat, "Good afternoon."

I clenched my jaw and waited for her to continue.

"Look, I told you before why I did what I did, and I promised not to let anyone near your sister again—and I meant it. Let your boyfriend attend his classes instead of sitting in his car in front of the kindergarten the entire school day, Black," she said and walked away.

I dropped my arms back to my sides, furrowing my eyebrows.

So that was why I didn't see him in school today.

He was watching over my sister.

You and your sister are my responsibility now.

"Black?" I turned around to look at him.

A guy I despised and always wished we never cross ways suddenly became my stable force in a chaotic world.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked with concern, but his features held a hint of darkness.