XII

It was Friday, the day I had two classes that I came to despise. It was a cursed day.

My eyes were glued on the sheet of the thin window glass. I've been trying to be more careful these days, meaning I haven't been doing anything but eying the surroundings.

He hasn't come to class yet, which was a good sign.

Today was a 'good' day, I hadn't seen Maia nor did I see Dylan and now nor was Styles attending cla-

I spoke too early.

The door to the class opened and in he came. I took a deep breath and prepared myself for whatever was going to happen next.

"You're late," the teacher said.

"It's not the first time nor is it the last time," he said, not even directing her a glance, and made his way towards me, giving me a smile then winking at me.

Shaking my head, I diverted my attention to the front of the class.

"You've got a project on this chapter by the way, I'll give you more information about it when we're done."

"You're doing that alone, you know that, right?" he whispered right after what she said.

I acted like I was taking notes and paid him no attention.

"Still not talking hu-what's wrong with your knuckles?" he said and reached out to touch them.

I pulled my hand away from his touch like it was a flame that burned my skin, "Put a finger on me again and I will make sure you get out of this class with one finger broken," I said as lowly as possible.

"The two at the back, keep quiet will you?"

I gave him one last glance before breaking eye contact with him and looking back to the teacher.

I had been told before that showing someone you were angry was the worst thing you can ever do because you were just indirectly telling them 'Ha you won in provoking me, great job, pal!'

I had mastered this for so long. Ever since that night, I had always been able to keep my emotions to myself. But when it came to him, the sole fact of him being by me makes me lose every once of control I had on me.

He didn't say anything for a while but the silence that engulfed us didn't last long.

"You would say after you raised a pocket knife on me and threw me out of your house, we would at least be on speaking terms," he whispered, too close to where I sat for my liking. "Like do you have an idea that being in the place you are in right now should be an honor. Girls kill to be in the place you are in at the moment, the least you should do is reply to me."

"Great, these girls better hurry up and get my place because you are beginning to get on my nerves; I don't like when people get on my nerves, Styles."

"Back to the threats. Don't you get bored of mouthing threats that you are never going to do, and by the way you can have the honor and call me by my first name it's H-"

"I don't freaking care what your first name is," I snapped, forgetting where we were for a second.

"Both of you, this is your last warning. Keep quite!" the teacher said rather annoyingly.