Chapter 8

"Tyler! Josh! over here," Ian said loudly, waving them over to their table. he was sitting next to Carl, who was next to some guy with dirty blonde hair, who was holding hands across the table to another guy with brown hair. next to the second blonde haired guy was someone else that Tyler didn't know, and he was sitting closely next to a guy who had brown hair.

Tyler and Josh approached their table. Ian patted the seat on the opposite side of him. they both squeezed into the booth. "thank God you're here," Ian whispered so that only Tyler could hear. Tyler smiled in return.

"ah! the happy couple is here." Carl grinned at the two fidgeting in the corner of the booth.

Josh raised an eyebrow. "happy couple?"

"Wafflebites here tells me that you spent the night at Josh's yesterday," he told Tyler, wiggling his eyebrows.

"please don't call me wafflebites," Ian interrupted.

"yeah? what else did wafflebites tell you?" Tyler looked at Ian, who visibly swallowed.

"nothing else, really. but i think it's adorable!" Carl squealed. "soon you'll be engaged, and then married, and you'll move in together..."

"psst," the guy across from Tyler whispered. "just ignore him. it's the best tactic to get to him to shut up."

"him, or me?" the guy next to Carl said with a smirk.

"both, honestly. i don't know which i prefer. babbling Carl, or annoying Adam," the guy across from Tyler said.

Carl, realizing that other people were talking, gasped and clapped his hands together. "oh yeah! okay so introductions," he said. "Tyler, across from you is Alex." Alex gave a little wave. "across from Josh is Devin." Devin nodded at Tyler. "to the right side of me is mr. Adam, the party animal." Adam gave an enthusiastic wave and smile.

"did you guys fuck yesterda-"

"and last but certainly not least," Carl cut him off, "is Chris, across from Adam."

the guy who was holding hands across the table with who was apparently Adam said a soft hello to Tyler.

"so now that we're besties let's get the fuck out of here and eat something because this worker lady looks like she actually wants to shank me for bringing so many people," Carl announced, standing up.

"where are we eating?" Tyler asked Ian.

"i dunno, where do you guys wanna eat?" Ian addressed the rest of the group.

Alex, Devin, Adam, Josh, and Carl all answered in unison;

"taco bell."

"okay then, taco bell it is," Ian said. "why did i even bother?" he muttered to himself. "it's basically lunchtime. we would've all fucking ended up there anyway."

they all migrated out of the starbucks, leaving the relieved looking baristas to rush over and reset the chairs.

>>>

once they were all at the taco bell, they all ordered what they wanted individually (well, Josh insisted that he payed for Tyler, which caused him to blush and everyone else to say, "awww") and squeezed into a booth again. Carl waited at the counter for their food.

instead of how they were sitting at starbucks, Ian was in corner of the booth, (saving space for Carl) with Josh and Tyler at the edge. and instead of Adam falling off the edge trying to squeeze next to Carl, he was on the the other side next to Chris. now they could hold hands under the table. Alex and Devin sat next to each other in the corner across from Ian.