Chapter 21

We've waited so damn long, we're sick and tired
I won't leave any doubt or stone unturned
I've got a collar full of chemistry from your company
So maybe tonight I'll be the libertine - Song up there ⬆

(Josh's p.o.v)

have i ever mentioned how fucking grateful i am for Tyler Joseph?

because i'm really really fucking grateful for Tyler Joseph.

school had turned into the embodiment of hell on the earth, and i wanted nothing more than to just hide in the janitor's closet every day until last period.

i actually tried it one day, except Tyler seemed to figure it out and texted me, "Josh, are u in the fucking janitors closet" and i replied "maybe" and he left class to find me.

(Haha he's coming out of the closet....... I'll go home)

i spend as much time as i can with Tyler. we're always together, whether it's in school or out of school. on the weekends we practically live at each other's houses, and any time we're away from each other we're always texting lame stuff that always turns into some kind of conversation.

i love everything about Tyler, and i make sure to tell him as often as i can, too. it's kind of funny because we'll just be sitting somewhere and then i'll say something like, "you have a really cute nose," and he'll just look at me with a really confused expression but a slight blush on his face.

one particularly chilly evening, i was at Tyler's house and we had managed to get up into his bedroom without being confronted by his parents first.

speaking of his parents, they're pretty nice to me. most of his siblings, too. his mom's the kindest, his dad is pretty cool i guess, his youngest brother is chill, and his other brother Zack is pretty awesome; he seems to like me a lot for some reason.

his sister Madison on the other hand, kind of looks like she constantly wants to strangle me whenever she sees me. i don't know what it is with her. i keep my distance.

anyway, that one evening, i had fallen asleep in Tyler's beanbag chair. when i woke up, he was staring at me.

i raised my eyebrow at him. "what?" i said.

"nothing," Tyler shook his head. "you're just a really cute napper."

"i'm the one who's supposed to say creepy stuff like that, not you," i replied.

Tyler shrugged. "it's true though."

i rolled my eyes and sat up with a yawn. "come here," i said, and Tyler crawled over from where he was sitting with his back against the foot of his bed. he rested his head in my lap, and i softly kissed his forehead.

"y'know, you're the most beautiful thing on this planet," i told him, messing around with his chocolate brown hair. "and off the planet, too. aliens are ugly motherfuckers."

Tyler looked amused. "you believe in aliens?"

"of course i believe in aliens. x-files, remember? they definitely exist."

Tyler giggled. "right. well, i don't think the aliens would appreciate you calling them ugly."

"the aliens can fucking fight me," i said, pulling Tyler upright so that he was leaning into my chest. he sighed a little and i could feel his warm breath through my shirt. i kissed him again, this time on the lips, noticing how he was unable to contain his smile.

"i wish the others would talk to us again," Tyler said suddenly.

"they'd talk to you if i wasn't there, i'm sure." i knew for a fact that this was true. "they're mad at me, obviously, not you."