Chapter 28

from- Joshie, december 25th, 12:00 am
baby boy

from- Joshie, december 25th, 12:00 am
do u know what day it is

from- Joshie, december 25th, 12:00 am
:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

from- Joshie, december 25th, 12:01 am
its christmassssssssssssssssssssss

from- Joshie, december 25th, 12:01 am
CHRISTMASSSSSSSSS

from- Joshie, december 25th, 12:01 am
im literally in the best mood i cannot sleep

from- Joshie, december 25th, 12:01 am
sleep is for the weak

to- Joshie, december 25th, 12:02 am
well THEN LET ME BE WEAK ITS 12 AM

Josh: you're awake :))))

Tyler: i wasnt three minutes ago

Josh: geez ok

Josh: its christmas!!!!1!1!!!

Tyler: merry christmas

Tyler: can i go back to sleep

Josh: :')

[incoming call from: Joshie]

"merry christmas, Tyler," was the first thing Josh said as soon as Tyler answered the phone.

"merry christmas, Joshie," Tyler responded sleepily. "it's literally midnight."

"i'm aware of that," Josh replied loftily. "it's also literally christmas."

"and midnight." Tyler's eyes drooped as he spoke. "i'm gonna wake up my siblings if i keep talking."

"too bad for them," Josh hummed happily from the other side of the line.

Tyler tried not to laugh. "Joshie, i love you lots but i need to sleep," he whined. "besides, you don't want me to be all tired the whole day, do you?"

"i know, baby boy. i'm sorry. i just wanted to say merry christmas. i hope you're not angry with me...?" Tyler could pretty much imagine him doing the puppy dog eyes as he spoke.

"it's okay, i'm not mad or anything. i'm happy you called me. it really made my midnight, honestly."

"ha, ha. okay, i'll hang up if you want," Josh said. "see you later today."

"bye, Joshie." Tyler hung up the phone and lay back on his pillow again.

what on earth did he do to deserve someone like Josh?

>>>

"Tyler! Tyler, wake up, honey!" Tyler's mom was shaking him roughly as Tyler blinked drowsily, adapting to the unusual amount of light pouring in from the window.

"unh?" Tyler stared up at his mom as his vision cleared.

"merry christmas, sweetie." she gave Tyler a kiss on the forehead. "are you excited? Josh is coming tonight."

Tyler snapped out of his drowsiness and nodded. "merry christmas, mom."

"there are some gifts for you downstairs!" his mom left his room and Tyler sighed in relief. there wasn't necessarily anything to hide in his room, but for some reason, his parents coming into his room always made him feel uneasy.