Chapter 24

Show me what I can't see
When the spark in your eye is gone
You've got me on my knees
I'm your one, then comes
Cross my heart and hope to die
Promise you I'll never leave your side
-Song up there ⬆

Happy birthday, little bitch. i'm back.

go away.

>>>

Josh woke up Tyler with a gentle rub on the shoulder.

Tyler rolled over and opened his eyes. "Josh?"

"hey baby boy," Josh whispered. "happy birthday."

Tyler smiled and sat up. "did i actually go to sleep?"

"yeah, you did," Josh said. "did you sleep well?"

Tyler shrugged. "i don't know. i didn't have any nightmares or anything. not after you helped me go to sleep." Josh nodded. "nice story, by the way," he added.

"thanks," Josh said. "it's dumb, really."

Tyler shook his head. "it wasn't dumb. i liked it. but i have one question."

"hmm?"

"why'd you stop wearing nail polish?" Tyler asked. "you'd look so hot."

"oh," Josh laughed. "i still have it. i can wear it again, if you want."

"yay," Tyler said. "i wanna paint your nails a cute color."

"okay, we'll do that," Josh told him. "but for now, go get ready, okay? today is your day. we're gonna go out first with the guys and then i'll tell you the rest. it's mostly a surprise," he said excitedly.

Tyler's eyes lit up. "really?"

"yep," Josh said. "and then later we're gonna go to Carl's house and hang out some more. and possibly do other stuff," he said with a smirk.

Tyler blushed a little. "okay." he grabbed his bag and disappeared into the bathroom.

Josh was already ready, he had gotten ready while Tyler was sleeping. he wanted to give him as much time to sleep as possible. now he sat fidgeting with his hat on the bed, hoping that today would go the way he'd planned. nothing was more important to him than tyler's happiness.

>>>

"okay, first things first, we need to figure out where on earth we're going," Carl said.

"well that's all up to Tyler." Ian looked over at him. they had gone out to eat at the mall, and now they were contemplating where to possibly go shopping or just to go somewhere completely different.

"ummmm," Tyler looked over at Josh. Josh just shrugged. "well i don't know. it's not like i go out all that much," he said.

"well what we need to do is buy you some beautiful emo child clothes with Carl's rich kid money," Adam suggested. "like a shopping spree!" he exclaimed.

Tyler shook his head. "i-i can't use Carl's money," he protested.

"psh, yeah you can," Carl dismissed it with a wave of his hand. "look, it'll be my present to you."

Tyler looked down at the floor. "i guess."

"baby boy, it's okay," Josh said to him, putting an arm around him. "we want you to have a good time. it's no big deal."

Tyler ran his fingers through his fluffy hair.
"okay...." he sighed. Josh tilted his head up and gave him a kiss.

"smile for me, okay? i want to see you smiling."