Chapter 12

((Y/N) POV))

I'm awoken by a huge slam. I groan and slowly open my still tired eyes. What was it now? I grab my phone and check the time. It was 3:00 in the morning. Why the hell was I woke up at this time, and what was that huge bang? As I'm thinking, my eyes widen. Could it be mother? I pray that it isn't. I don't need anther beating, after what happened today with the boys. My stomach, back, and legs were still sore from everything. I just wanted a break. I wanted a normal life for once.

I jump up from my bed as I hear another bang. Maybe its not mother, why would she be making such loud bangs? Sighing, I rub my now fully awake eyes, and slowly get out of bed. What if it was an intruder? Practically jumping out of my bed, I walk over to my closet. Maybe I could use that hatchet in case it is an intruder! Opening my closet door, I need to jump up to reach the hatchet. Finally grasping it, I close the door and walk to my bedroom door. As I open the door, I can start to hear faint talking, as if two people are having a conversation.

I slowly walk, trying to be as quiet as possible. Making my way to the stairs, I try to see who it is. Unfortunately, I cant see anybody. But I can hear a better conversation. "This...my kill.....yours. Get....ifferent house." "No... my...ill..Jack" The second voice was louder than other one, and they both seem to be male. I don't listen to the conversation, as I'm lost in my thoughts.
'What are they talking about? Is one named Jack..? And they said something about a kill and a house. Are.. are they going to kill me?!'

I'm taken away from my thoughts as I notice and hear one sentence. "Fine...kill first....win.  I... upstairs" With that, I start hearing footsteps come closer to the stairs. My breath hitches, and I try to quietly go back to my room. Before I can do so, I accidentally drop the hatchet, making a thump. I start to hear the footsteps go quicker. I quickly grab the hatchet and race to my room, closing the door slowly and quietly. I go to the closet that had the hatchet, and I sit down in the corner, getting ready to swing the hatchet if needed. I try to slow my breathing, and be a little quieter.

My eyes widen, if its possible any more, as I hear my bedroom door open. I couldn't see since the closet door was made out of full wood, and didn't have any gaps to look out of. My grip on the weapon tightens, as I hear my bathroom door open. I feel like I crying. What If I died today? That was one thing I didn't want nor need. After all, Justin did want me to live my life to the fullest. I'm snapped out of my thoughts as hear feet stop at my door. The handle twists, and slowly opens. The man wastes no second at pulling me out. I yelp and swing the hatchet at him. He lets me go, not wanting to be hit. I quickly look at his appearance.

A black hoodie... Black Boots.. and a.. Blue mask..?

I then hear mumbling, "Hey.. Isn't that Toby's hatchet? Why would you have it...?" I barely heard them from how quiet he is. "Oh well, that doesn't matter. All that does matter is that I'm getting my meal for tonight... And it looks like I won.." The next thing I know is that the hatchet is no longer in my hands, and I'm on my back on the bed. I feel my shirt being lifted, and I almost cry. He isn't going to...

I see something in his hands, that looks like a scalpel. What is he doing!??! He places the scalpel right were my kidneys should be. Right as he's about to cut, we hear unstoppable dings, and what sounds like sparks of electricity. He puts his hand away, and looks for the source. His eyes land right at my desk. As I look over there too, I can see my laptop open, and unlocked. But I cant see what it is exactly, with tears clouding my vision. How did it open? Didn't I close it?

He seems to chuckle, and gets up of off of me. The man in black walks to my laptop, seemingly reading and scrolling down. He glances at me, or I think so, and continues doing whatever he is. He chuckles once again and walks to my bedroom door. He turns his head over, and says in a sort of laughing manner, "Your lucky he wants you to live.." And with that, he walks out my room, closing it behind himself. What did he mean..? Who was that man? And who was he talking about?!

I look over at my laptop. Well, he did leave as soon as he went to it. All I could think now was,

Had my laptop saved me from death?

Hey guys! Atsuko here. Another update ^-^ I did use my computer for this update, so if you see any changes, it's becuase of that. 
I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I have nothing to say so,

~boi

Word Count:921