Chapter 21

((Ben's POV))

"Mother's home..."

Mother's home? She must be talking about the lady that came earlier. Well in the case, what's so wrong with her own mother?
"(Your Name), what's wrong with your mother being home?" she seemed to ignore me and beloved started pacing around the room while mumbling. I could only catch a few words from how quiet she was talking.

"Oh geez.... too loud... come... p... beat... again.. she'll hurt... I don't.. another beating.." Beatings? She'll? Who's she? Maybe she is darlings mother... But why would mom beat her daughter? Abusive maybe? Well, she did look a little fucked up when I saw her. I decide to question it.

"Darling, what so wro-" we heard a loud slam, like a door being slammed shut. I look towards beloved and see that she's shaken up and has wide eyes. All of a sudden, she whips her head over to me. Before I could speak, she grabs my hand and drags me to the closet. "B-Ben look, I need you to stay in my closet for a moment. My mom.. she's coming upstairs and I cant let her see you, ok? Please, don't come out unless I tell you. Ok? Good!" I'm then pushed into the closet and all I can see is darkness. She must've closed the door already...

I let my eyes glow back red, so I can see better in the dark. What was that all about? She was so worried about her mom seeing me. She looked so scared too.. That made me worried, and a bit angry. Why would she be scared that badly at her mother? I get strict parents, but geez.

I'm slapped out of my thoughts as I hear a door being slammed open. Specifically, beloveds door. I flinch as I start to hear yelling. "WHY ARE YOU YELLING SO MUCH YOU LITTLE SLUT?! I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO STAY QUIET WHEN I BRING SOMEONE OVER DAMNIT!" What the hell?! "I-I'm sorry mo-mother.. I was talking to my friend on the phone..." I then hear a loud smack, and then a thump. Worried, I want to check, so I try opening the door. I cant... Did she block the door so I couldn't get out?!

Panicking, I hear more yelling, and I try to find a way out. Looking on top of the shelf, I find the laptop. Bingo! I take it down and turn it on. After it turns on, I place it on the floor and don't hesitate to jump in. I quickly try to find the TV in the room. After a few seconds, I find it. Fortunately, I see that its still on from the time we were playing Mario Kart.

Jumping right in, I get a good view of what's happening. And boy, does it make me angry. (Your name) is on the floor with a red mark visibly noticeable on her cheek. The woman from before, whom I believe is the mother, is kicking her sides. Beloved shed tears and hides in the corner, covering her face. Taking the opportunity, I jump out and go behind the mother. Before she makes any sudden noises, I cover her mouth. She tries yelling, and struggles, but I quickly knock her out with a punch to the head. Throwing her on the floor, I run to my darling and quickly wrap her in my arms. Oh, did it feel good to have her back with me, where she's safe.

(Your Name) jumps up and tries pushing me away, but I keep her tight in my embrace. "Its ok darling! I'm here for you, I got you." She stops and quickly wraps her arms around my figure as soon as she realizes its me. "I got you darling... Hey, lets take a walk in the woods, yeah? It'll help us calm down." When I said 'us', I meant more for me. I needed to calm down, and get away from this filthy woman. I cant stand to be anywhere near her.

I feel beloved nod against my shoulder, and I gently pick her up bridal style. She wraps her arms around my neck, and keeps her face buried into my chest. I give out a big smile, and a tiny blush at this. I wish to hold her like this all day... forever..

After a few moments of staying still, I get out of my little trance. Finally walking out the door, I start to head downstairs. Making my way downstairs, I take notice to the clothes scattered in the living room. I sneer in disgust. Filthy people... Making 'love' to anybody they meet and spot their eyes on, ugh..