3

"I live for these moments with you." Joker said, leaning forwards and smiling widely.

I smiled, "I got you something."

"What's that?" He asked.

I reached into my pocket, "I got you a kitty!" I exclaimed, pulling out a small stuffed animal.

"So, thoughtful..." Joker purred. "Can you do me a favor?" He asked.

I put the stuffed animal back in my pocket. "Anything, I mean yeah." I stuttered.

He looked me in the eyes, which sent chills down my spine. "I need a machine gun."

"A...a machine gun?" I asked.

He smiled at me, "you can do that, right?"

He tried reaching for me, but his straight-jacket stopped him from doing so.

"I...I'll try.."

He tilted his head to the side, "dont try...just get it. I dont want to have to...punish you, Doctor Quinzel."

"O...okay. I'm afraid that wraps up this session." I said, quickly packing my things.

"Wait." He commanded.

"Is there anything else I can do for you?" I asked.

"As for the gun...at six o'clock sharp, one of my henchmen, Frost, will be standing outside the gun store. In the alley. Get the gun, and give it to him. Understand?"

I nodded, and left the room.

___

After work, I went straight to the gun store.

Why was I doing this? Why was I buying the joker, one of my patients, the most evil villain in Gotham, a machine gun?

Was I scared of him? The way he threatened me? No, I had a feelings that he would never hurt me. Even if he threatened he would...

Whatever the feeling was, I shook it away as I entered the shop.

"Why, what's a pretty little lady doing in a gun store?" The man behind the counter asked.

"I need a machine gun." I snapped.

The man handed me the gun, "pleasure doing business with ya."

I walked out of the store, and turned the corner into the alley. I clicked my phone on to look at the time, 5:59. I sighed, where was Jokers henchmen?

At six o'clock sharp, as Joker presumed, the henchmen took the gun from me.

___

"Well, if it isn't the one and only Doctor Quinzel." Joker purred when I entered his cell the next day to check up on him.

He stared at me, his look asking, "did you do it?"

I just nodded. He laughed.

"Mind taking his off?" He asked, gesturing to his straightjacket.

I called in a guard to remove his jacket, and Joker immediately pushed me up against the wall. He brushed his fingers across my face, I let out a sharp breath. "Good girl...Harley."

I pulled away, "I'll see you in an hour for our session. I just have some paperwork to fill out."

Joker laughed, a deep laugh that echoed inside his cell. "We'll see about that."

For the next hour, I caught up on paperwork. Most of it was for Joker. My watch beeped, signaling it was time for me to meet with Joker.

I exited my office, but there was nobody in the hall. Nobody was at the front desk.

"Hello?" I called out.

"Harleen?" A voice asked.

I turned, "yes?"

Two men were standing there. They nodded to each other, one man grabbing my arms and the other grabbing my legs. I began to thrash, in their arms, and started screaming. "Somebody, help me!"

"Shut up!" They yelled. I recognized one of the men from the alley, what was his name? Frost, Joker had said?

They brought me down the hall, where the electroshock therapy rooms were. The men strapped me to one of the tables against my will.

"Let go of me! What are you doing!" I yelled.

"Well...what do we have here!" A familiar voice yelled. I flinched, as the Jokers face popped up over mine. He grabbed a lamp beside the table, and slammed it down in front of my face.

"I helped you!" I gasped.

"You helped me...by erasing my mind." He rain his fingers through his neon green hair. "Erased what few. faded. memories I had!" He growled, banging his fists on the table I was strapped on.

"No...you left me in a black hole of a rage and confusion." Joker growled. He backed up, "is that the medicine you practice, Doctor Quinzel?" He asked.

"What, you gonna kill me mista J?" I asked as he put on a pair of purple medical gloves.

Everything went hazy, but very faintly, I heard him say "what?" While he grabbed his head. My vision then cleared back up.

He reached over, and grabbed two shockers. "No...I'm not gonna kill ya." Joker said, making circle motions with them around my head. "I'm just gonna hurt ya. Really, really, bad."

"You think so? Well, I can take it."

He whipped off his belt, and I tensed up. He strapped it in my mouth.

"Wouldn't want you ruining those perfect, porcelain capped teeth, when the juice...hits your brain." Joker said, pointing to his head. He laughed, and brought the shockers to each side of my head.

After that, i was only aware of my screaming, and the tears dripping down my cheeks.

Joker stopped shocking me, after what seemed like forever. I opened my eyes, my vision blurred.

"Now you're as crazy as me." Joker laughed, and that's all I heard before everything went black.