14

JOKER

There's absolutely nothing better than Thursday nights at my club. With or without Harley, I can still have fun.

I sat down, and immediately two curvy woman sat down next to me, running their fingers up and down my body.  It bothered me that they weren't as good looking as Harley.

Stop, she's gone. Have fun tonight, without Harley.

"Why dont ya put on a show for daddy?" I purred, as they began to dance around for me.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, and I growled as I answered it. "What?" I snapped. "This better be good."

"Boss, there's been a problem at the house."

I held up my hand, signaling the girls to stop. "What kind of problem?"

"You might wanna come check it for yourself."

I growled again and hung up the phone, storming out of my club and down the street. I turned into my lot, and white hot rage surged through my veins.

"What the fuck!" I yelled, slamming mg car door as I witnessed the scene. My once beautiful home, burned down to the ground.

Not that I cared much about the home, I could easily get another. But everything inside of it was now gone. Including all of Harley's items.

I turned and gasped when I saw mg car, my favorite car, might I add. It was spray painted, windows smashed in, seats ruined. Whoever did this had hell to pay.

I grabbed the nearest henchman by the neck, "who the hell did this."

He choked out, "we saw Harley Quinn, sir."

___

HARLEY [7 MONTHS LATER]

I couldn't breathe. There were hands clamped around my throat, cutting off my windpipe. I clawed at the hands, desperate for air. Everything was becoming hazy...I tried to choke out, "my baby, you're going to hurt my baby!" But the world started dimming out-

I gasped, bolting straight up.

I checked my throat, then quickly checked my stomach. I sighed in relief when I felt the baby bump.

You're fine, Harley. It was just a dream. 

"Just a dream..." I said out loud, rubbing my belly, trying to tell myself it was okay.

I felt cramped up in Frosts room, so I went outside to get some air. The sharp, cool breeze helped clear my mind.

"Why aren't you in bed?" Frost asked, getting out of his car. He had just finished his night shift for Joker.

"Just a bad dream. I'm fine."

He sat down next to me. "Harley, you've had bad dreams every night for the past few months. J is going crazy, he spends all his time in his office. He hasn't left it in several months now. He needs you back, and by the looks of things here, you need him too."

"But-"

"No buts, Harley. You know, this game that you two are playing, is only harming you guys. You're both breaking. Now, I'm saying this because I love you like a sister, and I care about you. And oddly, I care about him too. Either you go back to J, or I'll take you there myself. I cant watch you two rip yourselves apart anymore. And I can't keep hiding you behind his back. I'm done with it." Frost said, before giving my shoulder a reassuring squeeze, and heading inside.

I sighed, letting the tears slip down my cheeks. I looked down at my stomach, where the bump had grown.

"We're gonna be okay, you and me." I whispered. "Maybe daddy was just shocked, and scared. Maybe he'll be ready now...ready to take responsibility."

I sighed, I didn't believe myself for a second. But I had to try.

I got up, and went inside, where Frost was drinking some coffee.

"Take me to J." I demanded.