8

In no time, Harley was in Jokers embrace.

"You saved me, J!" Harley cried.

"Oh, you know I'd do anything for you, pumpkin." He whispered.

"Uh, boss, we better get going." Frost said, gesturing to the guards beginning to file outside, armed.

Joker scooped up Harley bridal style as she squealed, and ran back into the helicopter. Joker frowned, Harley seemed lighter, she was much skinnier than she was the last time Joker held her.

They began flying away to safety.

Harley climbed into Jokers lap, resting her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his hands around her waist.

Joker slowly stroked his queens hair until she fell asleep on his lap.

___

"Harls. Wake up baby"

I groaned as Joker whispered in my ear. I never wanted to leave this position.

Joker carried me out of the helicopter, and into our bedroom. He placed me on the bed, and walked away.

I sat up, and rubbed my eyes. I needed a nap. "J?" I called out. I wanted him to hold me, I only felt safe when I was in his arms.

"What is it, Harls?" He called.

"Can you come in here?" I asked.

He came back into the room, shirtless.

I bit my lip, eying his chest.

"Kitten, I love when you do that." He groaned.

He walked over to the bed, and hovered on top of me. I smiled as I looked into his eyes, and leaned up to kiss him.

Joker kissed me with such urgency. I gasped as his lips slowly made their way down to my neck.

Needless to say, I never got that nap.

___

"Let's go out for dinner, a night in the town! My treat." Joker offered.

We were currently laying in bed, completely tangled in the sheets. My head was laying on his chest, my arms wrapped around his hips. He was sitting up by leaning on pillows, and was playing with my hair.

"I...I guess." I mumbled. I felt Joker tense up underneath me.

"You guess?" Joker snapped.

I flinched. "Its just..." I craned my head so I was looking up at him. "You remember what happened last time we had date night. I was taken away from you." A tear slipped down my cheek. "I dont want to be taken from you again. I love you."

I felt him relax again, and he caressed my cheek. "I'm sorry, Harls. We can just have a nice dinner here instead."

"I like that idea." I admitted.

Joker kissed my forehead, and got out of bed to put on some boxers. "I'll start dinner." he said, before walking out.

I groaned, stretched, and put on one of Jokers shirts, and lace panties. instead of putting my hair up, I did a simple French braid.

It was a new look. I was worried that J wouldn't like it. Would he say something? I decided to take the risk, and slowly crept downstairs.

I sat down on the tall stools at the bar counter. He hadn't noticed I came downstairs yet.

He was mixing something on the stove, humming.

I've never heard him sing, let alone hum.

"Whatcha humming?" I asked.

He jumped, "I uh- wasn't humming."

I walked over to him, putting an arm around his shoulder, and resting my head on his arm. "Dont be embarrassed, puddin. It was cute.

"Damn Harls, you're gonna make a man go insane when you walk around like that." Joker groaned, looking down at my panties.

"Too bad you're already insane." I teased, walking back to the bar. I sat down as Joker served us.

We had a nice dinner, J was a great cook.

"Say, Harley. I have some business to take care of tomorrow. You don't mind ironing my business suit, right?"

I knew, deep down, it wasn't a question. "Of course, puddin."

He kissed me on the forehead, and went upstairs.

I finished my dinner and rinsed the dishes. I went into our bedroom to get his suit, when I saw him passed out on the bed.

Poor J. The bags under his eyes showed that he hasn't gotten a good nights sleep in a while. I tucked him under the covers, and kissed him on the nose. He stirred a little, but never woke.

I opened his closet, and hundreds of suits were staring back at me. Which was his business suit?

I grabbed a random suit, it was nice. A dark purple jacket, that matched the pants. A light green inside shirt, and orange tie. "You'll definitely have to model this for me tomorrow..." I whispered, glancing at J asleep.

I ironed the suit best I could, then climbed into bed next to J. I traced the muscles on his chest before falling asleep, glad to be safe at home again.