29

J stared at Frost. He slowly lowered the gun. His heart began to pound faster.

"I mean, I think I know where she is. It isn't definite-" Frost began

"Where." J growled, interrupting Frost, his voice deep.

"Arkham."

J laughed deeply, "you think I'm that stupid? If she was there, we would've found her by now."

"Maybe she just got moved there, boss. Really, just think about it. Last week, we found her at the hospital. There were 28 inmates at Arkham. The next day, when we arrived at the hospital, Harley was gone. When I checked that day, there were 29 inmates." Frost explained, sitting down.

J pondered this for a minute. "But..." He trailed off. He was at loss for words.

"Its really worth a try, boss."

J growled, "fine. Bring the car around."

"Not the van?" Frost asked.

"No," J declined. "I'm handling this heist by myself."

J stood up, and walked up to his room. He dressed in his arkham sweats, and his purple crocodile jacket.

___

Harley lay with her back on the concrete ground, her legs hanging on her bed. She stared up at the ceiling, humming quietly to herself.

She began to stroke her hair, staring at the wall.

The room began to shake and she bounced up, quickly sitting on her bed.

The glass door opened, revealing an old friend.

"Ah, getting into trouble, hotness?" Griggs smirked.

Harley scowled, "of course."

He shrugged and placed a tray of gray mush on the ground. "Eat up."

He turned and closed the glass door. Harley tip toed over to the tray, and scrunched up her nose at the smell.

"What, am I some kind of rat?" She said to herself. She pushed the tray away and went back to her bed.

She sat down, her back up against the wall, and began to trace the tattoos on her leg with her finger.

A few hours later, Griggs came back with five other men.

Harley giggled and held up her hands in surrender.

One grabbed onto her arm roughly.

"Hey!" She yanked away. "Hands off, will ya?"

"You heard the girl." Griggs said.

The man loosened his grip, but continued to pull her along down the long halls.

They brought her back to her old cell.

"Ugh. It still smells bad." She teased.

They locked the cell, and the barrier surrounding it. She sighed in contempt as she began swinging from her bedsheets that were tied to the top of the cage.

A few hours had passed. Harley was now sitting on her bed, combing her hair with her fingers. She jumped when she heard explosions from outside her concrete room.

Several guards rushed out.

Curious, Harley sat up, looking around. She screamed, covering her ears and shutting her eyes, and fell off her bed when a loud explosion echoed through her room.

Shaking, she gingerly let go of her ears, opened her eyes, and slowly looked up. One man walked through a hole that used to be the wall. He was covered head to toe in a black uniform.

He unlocked the outer barrier to her cell. Harley began to panic, and ran to the corner of her cell.

The man shot at the lock of her cage, and was now a few feet away from her.

She was trembling when he approached her, "please don't hurt me." She begged.

Harley heard him growl. In a swift motion, he whipped off his helmet.

She slowly stood up, and a smile overtook her face. "Puddin!" She yelled as she wrapped her arms around her neck. J slowly wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Let's go home." He whispered in her ear.