Zach Dempsey imagine

Author : thirteenreasonsvvhy

IMAGINE: You and Zach are dating but you've not said "I love you" yet and then it slips out in a fight with your brother Clay

Although you had been in a relationship with your boyfriend Zach for a while now, your brother Clay never liked him. The two of you often had arguments and Zach hated coming between you and your brother. Zach would often try to avoid going to your house so he didn't cause problems.
One day, you invited Zach to come over because Clay was going to meet Tony. However, Tony cancelled on Clay because he had work to do. This meant Zach wouldn't come over. You begged him to but he said he didn't want to upset Clay.
You stormed down to the living room where Clay was. He was sitting on the couch watching TV. Both your parents were at work, so it was just you and Clay. You grabbed the TV remote and turned it off.
"Hey!" Clay protested loudly. "What was that for?"
"What is your problem with Zach?" You demanded, standing over him while he was still sat down.
"Not this again, Y/N." He sighed, attempting to stand up.
You pushed him back down. "Yes, this again, Clay. Tell me why you hate him so much."
"I just don't like him."
"That's not a reason. You're so horrible to him and he's done nothing to you. Why?"
"He's an asshole, and so are his friends." He stood up and this time you let him.
"He's not an asshole, you asshole. Every time I ask him to come over, he doesn't want to because he doesn't want to annoy you. He hates the fact that we fight about him all the time. He is giving up spending time with me just so he doesn't upset you. How does that make him an asshole?" You raged.
"I just don't see why you're with him." Clay said cautiously, not wanting to make you even angrier.
"I'm with him because I love him!" You screamed. "Why else would I be?"
"Turn around." Clay said gently, smiling.
You did so, and you saw Zach standing there, smiling widely at what you had said. You smiled too, and ran over to him, throwing your arms around him.
"I love you." He said to you for the first time.
"I love you, too." You whispered back.
From then on, Clay and Zach were good friends, and he finally gave his blessing.