Pancakes and Protection

Author: kissingdempsey

My eyes fluttered open as I heard the sound of light snores in my ear. I looked at my surroundings and realized that Zach and I fell asleep on the couch watching movies last night. His arms were tight around my small body as the sun beamed in from the half opened blinds.
I tried to get up but he wouldn't let me. His grip got tighter as he whined.
"Noooooo stay here." He pouted as he rubbed my shoulder.
"I'll make pancakes for us if you let me get up." I smirked. If I knew anything that would get Zach up it's pancakes. That's his weakness.
His eyebrow quirked up and he let go of me. I got up and stretched then walked to kitchen. I heard a low yawn and footsteps trailing after me.
———
"Get away from me with that!" I laughed while inching away from Zach, who was holding a spoon with pancake batter all over it. He quickly grabbed my wrist and twirled me into him, taking the spoon and smearing the batter all over my face.
"Zachary Dempsey i'm going to murder you!" I squealed, punching him in the shoulder lightly. He chuckled and then wiped my face off with a paper towel.
"Oh be quiet, you love me." He remarked.
He was right about that. It was times like this where I felt the happiest. Thankfully enough my parents were on their annual anniversary trip, leaving the house to Clay and I for a whole week. Bless up. Instead of being that teenager who throws a party once their parents leave the driveway, I invited my goofball of a boyfriend Zach over. And that's better than any party in town if you ask me.
I walked over to the stove and flipped the pancake on the skillet, revealing its burnt side.
"That one is for you Dempsey." I laughed while sprinkling mini chocolate chips onto the pancake. His muscular arms wrapped around my waist as he rested his head on top of mine.
He chuckled and I continued to make the pancakes as he traced circles on my hips with his thumbs.
"How do you manage to ruin the first pancake you make?" He laughs. I slap his thigh and we both started laughing. It doesn't take much for me to smile when i'm with Zach, just being around him can make my day.

Clays POV•
I woke up to the sound of a bunch of giggling and squealing...and the smell of chocolate chip pancakes that happen to be my favorite. There was a familiar deep voice echoing through out the house and I knew exactly who that voice belonged to. Zach Dempsey. Knowing that a guy like him is dating my sister just makes my stomach turn. I didn't want to get up and see his face. But the smell of the pancakes tempted me. I needed to keep a close eye on them anyway.
I slid out of my bed and slipped a pair of sweats over my legs and crept outside my room.
The laughter gets louder and the aroma gets stronger as I get closer to the kitchen. I rested my body against the door frame of the kitchen as I watched Zach and Y/N cooking. His arms were wrapped around her like he was afraid to lose her. This was the first time i've ever seen them cuddled up and truly changes my perspective of their relationship.
Normally I would ruin their alone time or try to convince Y/N that he wasn't right for her, but now I know why she blocks out everything I say. He cares for her almost as much as I do.
He showered her with small kisses and looked at her with a sparkle in his eye that was almost impossible to fake. Maybe Dempsey was good for my sister. I took a deep breath then walked to the table and sat down. "Morning guys!" I smiled.
Readers POV•
"Morning guys!" Clay smiled. I smiled back and so did Zach. "Morning Clay." We both said in unison.
"Well the pancakes are almost done so Zach go sit at the table i'll go put them on the table right now." Zach went to the table and sat with Clay.
A short moment after I brought he pancakes to the table. I sat the plate of pancakes in front of the guys. "Pancakes for my two favorite guys in the world!" I said, seating myself at the table. The rest of the morning was filled with laughter from all of us, even Clay. I think Clay is finally accepting my relationship with Zach.