Zach Dempsey - Strawberries n' Cream

Author: jeffatk1ns

"These are delicious Mrs L/N

"These are delicious Mrs L/N. Y/N needs to take me to fancy parties with strawberries and cream and rosé more often." Zach rambled through a mouthful of strawberries. Your mother laughed lightly at her daughter's adorable boyfriend.
"I'll try to, but it's still weird that you'd never eaten strawberries before." You raised an eyebrow, watching lovingly as your boyfriend stuffed the fruit into his mouth.
"I must go greet some more people. But, please, help yourself." Your mother waved.
And he did. Over, and over, and over again. You thought Zach must've eaten maybe 100 strawberries at this point.
"Zach, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself, but leave some for other guests." You laughed, pulling him out of the marquee. You leaned in for a kiss.
"You taste like strawberries, doofus."
"Good. Now you can experience it too."
After a while, you and Zach had wondered around for a bit, talking to various people and pretending they were funny. But Zach looked... odd.
"Zach, your face is all red and patchy... are you sunburnt?" You reached a hand up to gently touch his face.
"I thought my face was a bit hot, but I didn't want to make a big deal." He shrugged. "I probably am quite sunburnt."
"Hold on...." you moved closer to him. "I don't know it looks kinda... like when my dad eats too many tomatoes." You winced as you accidentally nipped his skin.
"Your dad is allergic to tomatoes though."
"I know, I'm just saying it looks like-" but you froze. It was like a lightbulb popped at the top of your head. "Shit! Zach, the strawberries!"
"What? Are there more?" His face lit up.
"No, I mean, what if you're allergic? You said it was the first time you'd had them and now- look at you!"
"I can't look at myself."
"Cmon." You led him through the people to the indoors, finding a bathroom and locking it behind you.
"Look!" You pointed at the mirror. Zach's face contorted in horror as he saw the red blotches and some slight swelling.
"You... you let me walk around... like... this..."
"Not for that long! Anyway, you're still adorable."
"Fuck. I feel sick." He rushed into a toilet cubicle and you rubbed his back as he threw up.
Later, you sat with Zach in his bed, calling the doctor and feeding him soup, and comforting him when he remembered he'd never eat a strawberry again.