Zach Dempsey - Pregnancy part 1

Author: thirteenreasonswhyimagines

It was nothing, at first.

I didn't give much thought into the fact that I haven't been on my period this month.
Hannah's suicide and Jeff's death shook up everything and I was still trying to wrap my head around what happened.
More precisely, what Zach had to do with it.
When I found out about the tapes I was so mad at him for not telling me.

But we eventually got over it.
Now we were happier than before.
Stronger than before.

"Hey, Y/N. Are you there?", Sherri rips me out of my thoughts and I look at her with an excusing look on my face before I straighten up my cheer leading skirt.

"What were you saying?", I ask and Sherri laughs before she gets up and we walk into the gym together.
"I was saying, Jess isn't coming today. She got cramps. This time of the month again, you know.", she looks over to me and I frown a minute.

"What's going on? You look like I talked about something evil.", she laughs and I smile vague before I follow her into the gym.

I am sure it means nothing that my period is late this month too.
Even though the stress was getting better I had a flu and the doctor subscribed me some medication which most likely to mess with my body.
It's probably nothing.

After practice I sit in the cafeteria and think about my calculus homework while I think about the one topic I can't get out of my head.
Zach and I had sex more times than I can count but I was always on the pill, so there is no chance I might be pregnant.
Right?

With an annoyed sigh I close your book and shove it into my bag while I leave the school and walk into town.
I have a free period now anyway, so no one would wonder where I am.
Without hesitation I head over to Baker's drug store; opening the heavy door with the open sign on it and walk inside.

Behind the desk I can see Mr. Baker looking as miserable as possible; who could blame him, his daughter just committed suicide.
With a soft nod I head over to the department where you can find stuff like tampons, pads and stuff and search for a pregnancy test.
I find one and head over to Mr. Baker, unsure about how he might react.
"Is that all?", he asks with a shaky voice and I nod before I hand him over the money and let the test disappear in my bag.
With another smile at him I leave his store and head back to school, knowing exactly what I have to do.

Fifteen minutes later I still sit on the toilet lid, too afraid to look down on the test.
If this is true and there are two pink stripes on this test, my life will officially be over.
I can't do that to Zach, he had so many plans for his future and this might ruin everything.
In front of the door you can hear several students talk and so I close my eyes to zoom it all out.
For right now I just wish to get back to when I didn't have this fear.
When my only fear was to decide what to get for lunch.
Not to fear if I was pregnant.

"Damn it.", I mumble and turn around the stick to look down on it.
While I watch I can feel I my heart sink and like I can't breath, let alone stand.
So I just stare on the two pink stripes that shine bright at me and feel like my whole world is crashing down on me.

Still in shock I slide the stick down in my bag and get out of the restroom to head to the gym.
He needs to know.
He HAS to know.
It's his child as well.

When I open up the doors I can already spot Zach in his sports outfit, running through the hall while dribbling his basketball.
A little smile finds it's way to may face while I watch him and I once realize how much I love this guy.

"Y/N?", he stops when he sees me and I pull my bag closer and walk over to him, still without any clue how to break the news to him.
"Are you okay, you look kind of pale.", he frowns and I nod while my hand searches for the pregnancy test in my bag.

Since I have no idea what to say I just grab it and pull it out of my bag to hand it over to him.
His eyes widen and I drops the ball before he stumbles a few steps back.
"You kidding, right?", he asks even though he already knows the answer.
And when I finally shake my head he throws the stick at me and shakes his head.
"No. Just no.", he mumbles before he grabs his basketball and leaves the gym faster than I could have ever imagined.

Leaving me and his unborn child behind.

A few hours later I lay in my bed at home and draw little circles on my stomach while holding the first ultrasound picture in my other hand.
I went to my doctor's office right after Zach left, just so I can have proof.
I needed to know that this is real.
And it is.
On the picture is nothing more to see than a little peanut in my womb but I'm already in love.
It's true what they say.

That a mother's love starts as soon as they find out they're gonna be one.

But what am I supposed to do now?
Zach left because he clearly isn't supportive with this but I can't have baby on my own.

But would I really be able to have an abortion?

There are so many thoughts in my head I don't realize my door opening and someone entering.

A silent cough brings me back to reality and I sit up quickly when I see Zach's miserable face looking over to me.
"What do you want me to say? This is happening..", I whisper and wipe away the first tear that found it's way into my eyes ever since I found out.
And from this moment on there is nothing I can do to hold back the tears.

They start streaming down and won't stop.

Not even when Zach pulls me up from my bed and wraps his strong arms around me to comfort me.

"Don't say anything. Just listen.", he mumbles before he gently pushes me away and takes a deep breath.
"I know I freaked earlier. But you're right. This is happening and even though I am not prepared for this I am not the guy who just knocks a girl up and runs away.
So whatever you decide, we will figure it out. Together.", he finishes and I look up to him before the tears start streaming again and I wrap my arm around him to bury my face on his chest.

"I've already decided.."

Ten minutes later we lay on my bed together and this time it's Zach's turn to draw circles on my stomach while we look at the ultrasound picture together.
"What's the size? A bean?"
"More like peanut by now. I am already 10 weeks along."

"A peanut? Wow, that's tiny.", he mumbles and wipes some hair out of my face.
"I meant what I said. We will figure this out together."