Zach Dempsey - Stupid Tapes Pt. 2

Author: barnespidey

With Hannah's death Zach knew things can get really bad pretty quickly. One day you see someone in the school hallway, the next day you find out they're dead.
But it never even crossed his mind that, first of all, his girlfriend would break up with him and that the next day he would have to save her from Bryce.
Now he was driving them away from the party, from all the drubk people, from Bryce. It was late at night, streets were mostly empty, lights turned off in the houses. Zach's hands were tightly gripping the steering wheel, his eyes focused on the road ahead though every five seconds his eyes were going back to the girl sitting in the seat next to him.
Y/N was sitting with her knees up, feet on the edge of her seat. She was hugging her legs, chin propped on her knees. She was practically drowning in Zach's jacket. If it wasn't for the fact that his scent calmed her down, she would've given it back to him. She inhaled deeply, her hand brushing through her hair, getting them away from her face. Y/N has stopped sobbing but had silent tears running down her already wet cheeks. Her mind was slightly less intoxicated now, yet the feeling of disgust was still present.
She hasn't even realised the car stopped until Zach quietly said "we're here". She furrowed her eyebrows, looking at the house they were stopped in front of, "I thought you were taking me home."
He bit his lip feeling nervous, "I didn't want you to be alone right now," he told her truthfully. He only saw her nod her head before she undid the seatbelt.
Zach quickly got out of the car and went to the opposite side to help Y/N get out. She quietly followed him up to his door, it took him only a few seconds to unlock them and let her inside.
"My parents are out of town and my sister is having a sleepover at her friend's house so...," he was glad noone was home, he hoped Y/N would feel more comfortable with just the two of them, without anyone asking any questions or giving them looks of worry.
They stood awkwardly in the middle of the room, both not really knowing what to do or say.
Zach wanted so badly to take her into his arms and protect her from everything but he wasn't sure whether she wanted him to touch her, so he did nothing. What he didn't know was that Y/N did want him to do just that, but she also wanted to hide somewhere and don't talk to anyone.
After a few seconds they eyes met, them looking into each other's eyes, keeping the eye contact, trying to communicate without saying anything.
Suddenly a sob break out from Y/N's lips and she brought her hands to her mouth, trying to muffle the sounds. Within a second Zach was by her side, taking her much smaller body into his arms and hugging tightly, afraid she would collapse. His hand was gently moving up and down her back, his lips pressed to the top of her head, leaving small kisses. Zach had his eyes closed, he was breathing deeply, his heart breaking at the state of his, well, ex-girlfriend.
"Do you want to go upstairs and change?" his worlds were muffled by her hair and the sound of her crying but she pulled back and nodded, Zach's hands cupping her cheeks and wiping off the tears from them with his thumbs.
When they stepped into his room Y/N sat on the edge of his bed while Zach took out a T-shirt he knew Y/N loved to wear whenever she was spending the night at his house. She didn't even need anything else, as the shirt almost reached her knees.
She would normally change with him in the room, but this time Zach opened the door to his own bathroom and left the clothes on the counter, next to the sink.
"You can go and change in the bathroom-"
"Can I, uh, take a shower too? I feel kind of... dirty," she didn't look at him but kept her eyes on her hands, playing with her fingers.
"Yeah, you know where clean towels are," he smiled sadly at her.
Before she went into the bathroom she stopped in front of him, "can I leave the door open? I don't want to be locked there."
"Of course! Do you want me to, you know-"
"Please," she finally looked up at him and this time he was the one to nod. Zach sat by the door, his back pressed against the wall as he watched Y/N taking a shower behind the almost see-through glass.
But his mind wasn't focused on her naked body, God, he wouldn't even think about looking at her like in that moment. His mind was trying to understand how Bryce could even try to do something to her. He truly wanted to beat the shit out of him, not even caring if he would kill the guy. Zach didn't even know what happened exactly, and he wasn't entirely sure if he wanted to hear, but he had to ask Y/N about it. Nothing he prepared in his head seemed to be good enough to be said to the poor girl.
He was brought back from his thoughts when the water stopped and when the glass door opened to reveal Y/N wrapped in a fluffy towel, some make-up sill left on her face.
Zach stood up from where he was sitting on the floor and grabbed the t-shirt he prepared for her and helped her put it on.
"Zach?" with her broken and quiet voice she seemed even smaller than she already was.
"Yeah?"
"I, I can't wash this off of me. I can still feel his hands on my body and his lips on my neck," her voice was shaking and the hand she brought up to her neck scratched the side of it hardly, hoping the awful feeling would go away.
"It will go away, I promise. He will never touch you again, fuck, he will never even look at you after I'm done with him," he didn't know how else he could help her.
"You were friends, I don't want to cause-"
"Don't, don't even say it. He never was my friend, and he will never be. You're all that matters to me, alright?" he cupped her face once again, looking straight into her eyes, "I love you so much, I'm gonna do everything I can to protect you, okay?" she bit her lip when she felt her eyes watering again, nodding. "But I need to ask you about one thing first, is that alright?"
"He only kissed and touched me, nothing more," she answered before he could even ask, Zach let out a sigh of relief, glad his girlfriend's story wasn't the same as Jessica's.
"I'm sorry I didn't get there earlier-" Y/N stood on her tippy toes and kissed his lips softly, her hands wrapping around his neck.
"I just needed to know you're really here," she mumbled after she pulled away, "I wanted to feel your lips and not... his..."
"I will always be here, I love you, baby," Zach had tears in his own eyes, finally letting them fall down.
He pulled her closer to his body, arms securely wrapped around her, shielding her from the world.
They then spent the whole night cuddling in Zach's bed, not talking much but just letting Y/N know he will be there for her, whatever happens.
And the next day, when he dropped Y/N off at her house, he made sure to have a small talk with Walker, breaking his nose even more.