Please

Author: ans-atkins

You had stayed up late tossing and turning. Throughout the week, your family has really been pushing you to get your grades up. You weren't usually like this, you were a straight A student, but your insecurities were really starting to get to you. Recently you had gotten out of hand, more drinking, going out, and it had even gotten to the point of self-harm. You knew Zach would become furious with you if he were to ever find out, but you needed something–an escape. Everything was just going downhill for you and you were beyond frustrated. Despite the choices you've made to handle the ugly from the week if it wasn't for your boyfriend Zach, you don't know exactly where you'd be right now

You let out a huff, and rolled over to grab your phone from the nightstand next to your bed. While slowly sitting up, you started to text Zach.
"Hey babe, are you up? I need you..."
As desperate as you were sounding right now, you really did need him. Zach has always been such a sweetheart and just being in his arms would make all of your pains go away. You sighed, running your fingers through your hair. Although you knew he probably wasn't up at this time, you decided to head to his house anyway. Jumping up and out of your bed you quickly grabbed some clothes to throw on, which happened to be some sweatpants, one of Zach's t-shirts and a hoodie. You walked over to your window and carefully slipped out. The cool air harshly hit your cheeks, usually you'd despise the cold but tonight you had decided to embrace it. As you continued to walk, you fell deeper and deeper into thought. You'd failed to realize your phone going off until it started ringing, signaling you had a call coming through. Quickly digging into the pocket of your hoodie, you pulled out your phone. You picked up after reading the caller ID, and waited for Zach to speak.
"Hello," his harsh, sleepy voice sounded through the speakers of your phone. He barely gave you time to respond before asking, "Where are you?"
You could hear the concern laced within his voice, Zach knew of the struggles you had encountered during the week and it was quite obvious that he was concerned about you acquiring too much stress.
"It's okay babe, I'm fine, I'm on my way to you."
Even though he tried to assure you that he was fine with you walking to his house at this time, you could hear how tense he'd become by the sound of his voice. You knew that you've been troubling him but, as weird as it sounds, you loved it. You savored the fact that there was someone there, who genuinely loved and cared for you.
"Stay with me..."
Your voice pierced the silence, begging for him to be there with you. And even though you didn't say it, he knew it was more than just a plea, he knew exactly what you were asking. Zach could read you, and that was another thing you loved about him. The line had continued to stay silent, but it was a comforting silence because you knew that he was there.
When you had finally strolled up to Zach's house, he was sitting there on the steps waiting for you. Smiling, you ended the phone call, and walked up to him. To you, it felt like something out of a movie. He stood up, grabbed your hand and led you upstairs to his bedroom. It was then that all of you battles had come rushing back to your head. Zach pulled you into a tight hug as you started to bawl, he soothingly rubbed circles into your back and just let you cry.
"Zach," you started, voice cracking from the amount of crying you'd done,
"I need you."
Your hand balled up some of the fabric on his shirt and tugged on it, burying your face deeper into his chest as you continued to cry.
"Shhh...you have me, I'm here."
In a weird way, this moment was perfect, being in his arms really made you feel different. He pulled you over to his bed, and laid down all while still holding you.
"I know how you're feeling right now, but (Y/N) please, don't beat yourself up. You're beautiful and you should never feel like you aren't. You're my everything, and no matter what I'm here and I will always love you."
His unexpected words left a smile on your face. Even though it wasn't much at this moment, it was all you needed.
"I love you too Zach."
For the first time, in what seemed like forever, you felt relaxed. You started to drift into a deep sleep, thinking just what exactly you it was that you'd done to deserve your sweetheart boyfriend Zach Dempsey.