1 || Lennon

I groaned and forced myself to pound on the bathroom door

I groaned and forced myself to pound on the bathroom door. Raven, my younger sister, decided she was going to hog the bathroom and put ten tons of makeup on. I was in dire need of a toilet. Thank god I took my shower last night or I would have been late for school at the rate she was going.

"Raven come on, you're too young for make up anyway." I yelled, hoping she would just stop and let me go to the bathroom. She was only fourteen and still a child, she shouldn't have been wearing makeup.

"Lennon, you wore makeup when you were ten so just calm down and let me finish. I'll be done in a couple minutes and then you can do whatever it is you are needing to do." She relied.

My bladder felt like it was going to explode. I went down the hall and used my parents bathroom instead. It saved me at least ten minutes of waiting.

"Where's your sister?" My father asked. He was in the middle of preparing our breakfast as my mother washed dishes from the night before. My mother, already dressed in her work clothes, had a bright smile on her face.

"The usual." I took a seat at the table and looked over my notes for my math test I had today. There was no way I was going to remember the difference between all the functions and know how to graph each one. I'm going to fail, I said to myself. It would have been a miracle if I could have memorized all of them before sixth hour.

"She better not be wearing something like she did yesterday." Dad groaned. Him and I were the same, we hated Raven wearing things that left nothing to the imagination. Dad, old school at heart, preferred us wearing loose jeans and baggy t-shirts.

"Honey she's young, that's what all the girls are wearing nowadays. You want her to fit in with all the other girls, don't you?" Mom asked. She always stuck up for my sister and her crazy wardrobe choices. "Who knows, maybe it's just a phase. Look at Lennon, she used to be that way herself and now she wears just skinny jeans that cover everything and a hoodie."

"We can only hope." My father whispered, only loud enough for me to hear. I laughed and smiled. He was definitely the world's best dad.

A few minutes later Raven finally emerged from the bathroom her face looking nothing like it was before she entered. I really wished she would she see how beautiful she really was, without all that crap on her face. Her natural blonde hair was enough to make any guy swoon and I was already worrying about her. I didn't want her to be taken advantage of. Hopefully it would be a couple more years before she would start dating.

"What's for breakfast Dad?" She hopped down in a chair and started texting away. My sister was a popular girl in the ninth grade.

"Raven you know the rules no phone at the table." Mom didn't like us using our phones during family time. She just finished washing dishes when Dakota started crying in his crib upstairs. "Gabriel can you go get Dakota?" She asked my father.