3 || Lennon

At school the next day I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off looking for my journal

At school the next day I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off looking for my journal. I convinced dad to drive us to school early so I could have some time before school to start looking. It wasn't in my locker. I checked every notebook to make sure it hadn't fallen in between one when I threw it inside.

The pain in my stomach grew with each passing moment. Anyone could be reading it right now. My private life was all in that journal. Someone finding out who my crush was the least of my worries. Inside I had my most guarded secret. How stupid was I to write my secret in something that could easily be lost.

Where else could I check? I asked myself.

The lost and found.

Just as I was about to head off to the office, the bell rang for school to begin. I was so concentrated on my search that I didn't notice the pools of people coming inside.

The lost and found was going to have to wait till lunch. I groaned and pushed my hair out of my eyes. There was no way I was going to be able to pay attention to my classwork.

At lunch I picked at my food with my fork. I pushed my tray aside and looked across the cafeteria. He was sitting a couple tables over. Whenever he was around I physically could not breathe. I hated him. I know hate is a strong word but I did.

He saw me staring and gave me a grin that made my stomach turn. How could he sit there in front of all these people and have the nerve to smile at me. After what he did I would never look at him the same. If his friends knew they all would probably give him a high five. That was just how things were. I would be the one called a slut.

I couldn't stand to be in his presence any longer. I got up and dumped my tray leaving the cafeteria. Time to go to the lost and found.

"Hi Lennon what can I do for you?" Kara, the secretary asked me.

"Nothing really I just need to check the lost and found for something." I said nervously. There was a chance that if it was in the lost and found that Kara might have read it.

"What's it that you're looking for? Maybe I can save you some time. Everything in the lost and found I search for names to make sure it will get back to the original owner."

Of course she would. I hoped that my journal was there but at the same time I didn't. I didn't want Kara to read it. She surely would talk to me about the content inside. I wasn't ready to tell anyone. That's why I wrote in the journal, to speak about it without really speaking.

"Um... It's a small notebook." I said biting the inside of my cheek.

There wasn't any way of knowing if the journal was mine. I was smart enough not to write my name anywhere in the journal. I never wrote any names inside it.

"No dear. Sorry I haven't seen any of those for a while. When did you lose it? I'll keep my eyes open for it when I'm roaming the halls." She offered.