33 || Lennon

There was so many things that I still needed to do before I went to bed, but all I wanted to do was lay down underneath my fuzzy blanket and relax

There was so many things that I still needed to do before I went to bed, but all I wanted to do was lay down underneath my fuzzy blanket and relax. Mom and dad were already in their room trying to wind-down from a long day at work by watching TV. And by watching TV I mean mom put on Project Runway and was forcing dad to watch it. Thinking about all the things I needed to gave me a headache. I needed to find a dress to wear to the dance with Rowan.

I couldn't believe that Rowan wanted to go to the dance with me. After he left that night I looked through last year's yearbook to see who Rowan with last year. He went with Lacey, a girl who was far more prettier than me. Her pale blue dress made her eyes sparkle. She looked so happy in their picture together. Rowan had his right arm wrapped around her waist and he too was smiling. He had a black tux on and a blue tie that matched his dates dress.

What on earth was I going to wear?

I wasn't used to wearing dresses. Only on special occasions weddings and funerals. None of those dresses would be fancy enough for the dance. I was going to have to go dress shopping.

I hated shopping for dresses. I could never find something that fit my body just right. Everything was too big or too long. Having my body type was terrible but then again it was hard for anyone to find anything that fit them just right. You had to comprise and meet somewhere in the middle.

There was only one thing that my dress had to be and that was purple. Purple was my favorite color and it went well with my green eyes. Almost every color went with my blonde hair but I hated being a blond. Once I turn eighteen I'm buying a bottle of brown hair dye and I'm dying it, I promised myself.

Among looking for a dress design I liked, I needed to figure out what the heck I was going to do about Bradley and him messaging me. I blocked the number as soon as I found out that it was him but there was nothing stopping him from doing it again. He kept creating a new account on some texting app that gave him a new phone number each time. Me blocking him only blocked the old number. Once he made a new account he was free to message me again.

I really needed to change my phone number.

That was on the list of things to do. Change my phone number and make sure only family and Rowan had it, that way he wouldn't be able to message me ever again.

I spent hours looking up dresses online. Who knew there was many styles of dresses? I felt like my mother would have known all of them, just from how many episodes of Project Runway she watched.

The light from my parents TV was still on but I doubted they were still awake. It was two in the morning and I needed to get some sleep.

I sat my laptop off to the side of my bed, shutting the lid. My room was cold, just the way I liked it. The colder my room was the better I slept at night and after Bradley's text I needed all the help I could to get to sleep.