33.5 || Lennon

Zach's house was light up like a Christmas tree

Zach's house was light up like a Christmas tree. Music was blaring out the windows and it made my ears pound. Or maybe that was just my heart pounding. It was a good thing I brought Rowan with me because there would have been no way I would have found his house. He lived out of town on a dirt road. I guess it was a perfect location to have a crazy party, there was no neighbors for miles.

Rowan found us a place to park close to the front door. He knew what I was thinking. Get Raven and get out fast.

I unbuckled my seat belt and reached for the door handle.

"Are you going to be okay?" Rowan asked me, with a worried look on his face.

I nodded. "I'm just going to go in and get Raven. It's no big deal." I said it out loud, more so for myself than him. I needed to hear the words.

"I'm going in with you." He started unbuckling his seat belt as well.

"You don't have to-" I started.

"No, I'm going inside with you no if's, ands, or buts."

We walked up the sidewalk that went from the road to their front porch. It was a two story house and there was a lot of vehicles parked along the field across from the house. This was going to take forever. There was too much ground for us to cover to find them both.

Once inside I could barely hear myself think, but in the end I decided that was a good thing. Rock music was playing in the main room of the house and down in the basement. I figured Raven would be in one of those two places.

"Where should we check first?" I yelled over the music hoping Rowan could hear me.

"Let's try the basement first. Try sending her a text." He said taking a hold my arm and pulling me gently towards the basement steps. I forgot Rowan had been to one of Zach’s parties before. He knew exactly where we were going.

I sent Raven a text as we pushed past people on the stairs. I would have called her but I knew there was no way she would be able to hear her phone go off with all this noise.

We searched the whole entire basement and I was trying to think of any place we could have missed. There was so many people dancing and drinking that it would have been easy to overlook Raven in the crowd.

"Has she answered yet?" Rowan asked leaning down yelling in my ear.

"No." I sighed. I wanted to get out of here and go home now. But I wasn't leaving without Raven.

"Why don’t we go and check upstairs?" He suggested pushing his hair back with his hand. He looked tired.

"You go ahead. I'm going to keep looking down here." If we split up we would be able to cover more ground in a shorter amount of time. I could tell how much Rowan wanted to go home.

His face hardened. "Are you sure you want me to leave you alone?"

"Yeah I'll be fine." I said waving off all of his concerns. I playfully pushed him towards the stairs. "Go!" I yelled.