41 || Lennon

The dance wasn't completely terrible despite the run in with Bradley

The dance wasn't completely terrible despite the run in with Bradley. Rowan confessed that he loved me and then he became the hero of the night with his quick thinking. I couldn't believe he thought to record the conversation with Bradley. Part of me wanted to yell at myself for not thinking of that sooner. The other part of me was glad that Rowan was there to do it for me, because I knew that Bradley still had a hold over me mentally.

It was about time for Rowan to pick me up for school so I didn't have much time to get dressed. I found a t-shirt that was a bit wrinkled shoved in the back of my dresser and a pair of black jeans. Brushing my hair was a chore. The tossing and turning from last night had turned my hair into a knotted mess.

"Hey Lennon can I talk to you for a minute?" I turned around and saw Raven standing in my doorway.

I turned back around and consecrated on getting the knots out of my hair. "I don't have much time Raven. Rowan will be here in ten minutes."

"It will only take a minute." She said inviting herself into my room.

Come on in. I shook my head.

She sat down on my bed and waited for me to finish with my hair. I admit, I took my sweet time getting the knots out. By doing so I hoped she would get tired and leave. I didn't need her telling me how much of a freak and disappointment I was, of a sister.

"Okay what do you want?" I asked sitting the brush on the dresser. I didn't see this ending well. We hadn't had a real conversation since I blew up on her the night we picked her friend and her up from that party.

"Well I wanted to talk to you about the whole party thing." She began taking her left leg and crossing it over her right. "I know that night I owed you one and I fucked it up. I shouldn't have said that about you. You didn't have to come and get me yourself but you did and I should have been grateful for that. I made a mistake."

My whole body was in shock. She was apologizing for the first time in forever. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Okay." I didn't know what else to really say to her. The things she had said to me were things I didn't know if I could forgive her for. She pushed me to the edge and forced me to tell her something that I wasn't ready for my family to know.

"I'm serious Lennon, I treated you horribly. I understand now why you were always commenting on my appearance. You were doing it to protect me. If you would have told me when it happened I would have went to mom and dad with you. You shouldn't have had to go through that all alone." Her voice was sincere and I was starting to feel bad.

A voice in the back of my mind made me want to jump up and down with joy that she was finally starting understand where I was coming from. What she was saying made me think. What would I have done if I told her? What would have happened? I would have never wrote in a journal and I would have never meet Rowan because of it.