11 || Lennon

I woke up feeling terrified, another nightmare terrorized my dreams yet again

I woke up feeling terrified, another nightmare terrorized my dreams yet again. I tried to get up out of bed but I mentally couldn't. It wasn't because I didn't want to go to school or because I felt like staying in bed all day. No I couldn't face him after that nightmare. I couldn't face myself. There was no way I could get up and look at myself in the mirror.

I shut off my alarm for school on my phone and just buried myself under my blankets. I didn't want to see any light. I want peace. A place to hide from the whole world. Somewhere were I could hide from myself.

"Lennon get up you're going to be late for school." Raven yelled. I sighed and just laid my face on the pillow. Would it be so terrible if I smothered myself to death? All the memories would die with me and I would be free of them.

"Mom, Lennon's dead!" Raven yelled in a sarcastic tone.

You and me both wish that, don't we? I thought.

I heard another pair of footsteps walk into my room. Must be mom. I sighed. I was going to have to pretend that everything was fine. Mask the pain inside. I've always done it but today I just couldn't force any smiles. I wanted to cry. I wanted to give up.

"Honey." Mom patted the comforter. "You going to get up for school?"

When I didn't answer her she pulled back the comforter to find me in my pajamas still and my hair all over the place. "Lennon you aren't even dressed for school you're going to be late, come on and get dressed. I'll take you to school. Raven go ahead and go met the bus."

Raven started at me wide eyed and left the bedroom to go get her shoes on to leave for school. She had never seen me like this. None of them had seen me like this.

"Are you sick?" Mom asked taking her hand to my forehead. She rested it there for a second before taking it off. "Well you're not hot but you look exhausted. Did you stay up late last night?" She absolutely hated it when me or Raven stayed up late on a school night.

"Yeah sorry I must have not realized what time it was getting to be while studying last night. Sorry mom, I have a big test coming up for history." I said apologizing for the lie I was telling.

Mom smiled and said, "You should take the day off. Rest up a little before you get sick. You won't do good on the test with no sleep."

"You're letting me stay home?" I asked her confused on what she meant by take the day off. She never let any of us stay home unless we were puking our guts up.

"Yep. Think of it as a reward for all of your hard work. I'll call the school and let them know you won't be coming today. I have to go to work but if you need anything call me." She leaned down and kissed my forehead. "I love you get some rest." She pulled away and walked to the door.

"Thanks mom." I whispered.

"No problem, but don't think this is a regular thing. You are going to school tomorrow and getting your homework for today." Mom shook her finger at me.