Epilogue Part 1 || Rowan

Three Years Later

Three Years Later

I looked at Lennon, drawing circles with wax on my surfboard. I couldn’t help but think about how good my life was. It was easy to forget for a while, everything she’d been through when life was good, but I wasn’t sure if she ever forgot even for a second.

Bradley couldn’t hurt her anymore, we made sure of that. His trial went in our favor. With all of the evidence and the drugs they found, he got five years in prison. Of course there was always the chance he could get out on good behavior but we were taking it one day at a time and right now he was in jail. I think that put Lennon’s mind at ease, but I could tell there was always the worry that someone else would hurt her the way he did.

Her parents were unsure about letting her move out and probably more unsure about her moving in with me but I think it was the best thing for her. She needed to get out of that town where everyone knew her story. No matter how much people say they don’t judge, they do and I didn’t want it to have to define her. She deserved better than that.

“Okay, what now?” She asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. I checked the board to make sure there was enough wax and she wouldn’t slip.

“Do you want to practice on the beach?” I scratched the back of my neck, hoping she would say yes.

“Practicing is for wimps.” She pouted at me and leaned against my chest. “I just want to get into the water, it’s like a thousand degrees in this wetsuit.”

“But-”

She didn’t even let me get a word out. “Please? I’ve seen you do it. How hard can it be?”

“Harder than you think.” I laughed, secretly admiring her confidence.

She pecked my lips. “Please?”

“I think I’m going to need more convincing.” I teased and she stared me down with lust in her eyes.

“Oh yeah?” Her eyes sparkled as she kissed me passionately, sliding her tongue into my mouth. I pulled her flush against me and felt her hands on my bare back. It ended too soon and she pulled away, panting. “Okay, now I’m really hot. I’m ready Rowan, come on.” She tugged at my hand, taking a step towards the water.

“Okay.” I huffed, giving in. “Let me do you up.” She turned around and moved her hair to the side so I could zip up her wet suit. Then I zipped up my own.

“Are we ready?” She smiled, excited.

“Almost, just take the leash and put the cuff around your right ankle.” She quickly did as I said and jumped back up, making an indentation in the sand. I picked up the board but she shook her head.

“I got it. If I’m going to be a pro surfer I got to learn to carry my own board.” She winked. She went to take it from me, but this time I shook my head.