Chapter 3- Decisions

My face fell faster than a corpse in cement boots. In that instant my skin became greyed, my mouth hung with lips slightly parted and my eyes were as wide as they could stretch.

"Are you feeling okay? You don't look too good," Sebastian frowned at me, his brown eyes full of concern.

His eyes were the color of deep sienna, with a mischievous glint that seemed to reflect the corners of his mouth, which were fighting a smile. They were every shade of brown you could imagine, a raw umber and caramel mix, dotted with bits of dark chocolate. They glow with humor and playfulness that gives you shivers and wraps you in a warm embrace at the same time.

"Think I'm going to faint," my legs began to wobble as I lost my balance. My head pounded as though someone was trying to knock down a door that was lodged in my brain.

My eyesight blurred, but not because tears were welling up. Everything became fuzzy; then I saw nothing at all. My consciousness was floating through an empty space filled with a thick static. Throughout the inky space my heartbeats pounded loudly, echoing in my ears, alongside fading pleas for help. Feeling in my body drained away until finally all was black.

"Holy shit!" I recognised Phoenix's deep voice, on my lower back I felt hands pressing against me. Pressing against my body trying to push me back up. Someone had caught me, I had literally fallen for these boys.

I feel this blackness come over me. Like a blanket, but not a blanket of warmth but a blanket of coldness making me shiver. But somehow it's making my eyes feel heavier and heavier. I finally close my eyes finally sending me into a dreamless sleep.

///

"Shut up I think she's waking up!" Sebastian hushed the boys and together they watched me toss and turn on the couch one of them must of placed me on.

Slowly and reluctantly, I uncover my face. I blink, close my eyes, and blink again. Streaks of sunlight penetrate the window and blind me. I sit up, drag my feet off the couch, and rub my knuckles onto my eyes. I stretch my arms above my head and yawn. I watch my legs dangle above the hard wooden floor boards.

"Morning sleepyhead," Enzo grinned down at me, even when I was half conscious I couldn't help myself from rolling my eyes at him and his cheesy grin.

Phoenix crouched down and examined me closely "are you okay?" He extended his arm out towards me, I stare at his hand for a few seconds contemplating before deciding to take the offer. His strong grip pulls me up fast causing me to tip forward and backwards like a rocking chair.

"I'm fine thanks my head just kinda hurts," I pressed my hand against my throbbing skull trying to get rid off the pain.

"I think it was just emotional stress. Emotions like fright, pain, anxiety, or shock can affect the body's nervous system, causing blood pressure to drop. This is the reason why people faint when something frightens or horrifies them, like the news that your new roommates aren't who you expect them to be." Phoenix rubbed his temple thoughtfully, I stared at him astonished. How did he know that?

"Mr Smartie pants over here is doing a medical major a fresh new doctor in the making," Enzo informed answering my amazed expression. He's hot and smart, talk about double whammy.

The apartment became silent. Awkwardness crept over me as I knew what was coming, I felt the uncomfortableness in the room.

"Sooooo," Sebastian whistled and clapped his hands together making me jump, "what are you going to do?" He cocked an eyebrow at me.

He was right what was I going to do? I couldn't leave because I had nowhere else to go and being homeless on the street wasn't an option for me somehow.

But on the other hand I couldn't stay here with these boys, these strangers. I was in a foreign country and all I wanted to do was scream. I wanted to scream so loud that my lungs would cry out for me to stop and all my problems would dissolve along with it.

"Earth to Andy," Sebastian shook his hands in front of my face making me flinch, he laughed softly.

"So what's it going to be princess?" Enzo folded his muscular arms over his chest and huffed out warm air.

I once again ignored the fact that he called me 'princess' and squeezed my eyes and thought. Like on the plane I let my maze of thoughts take over and make the decision for me.

Deep down in my gut I knew what I needed to do, I needed to settle this once and for all. My nails were already bitten down to the quick. I nibbled at their frayed, form edges like a famished mouse. Not once did the three boys that were nothing more than strangers to me about ten minutes ago and now could be my future roommates take their eyes off me.

"I know what I want to do." My words hung in the air, the three boys gulped and awaited my answer.

"Jesus Andy spit it out!" Phoenix impatiently demanded, I scoffed and watched as he shook his head again the words already inching to repeat themselves if I didn't reply in a second.

"Fine," I sighed. "I'm staying".

• shocker •